New Windshield and Tires

TwoBrothersBusa_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Wish they weren't discontinuing the PR3s.
 
28th of June 2017

I've just refitted my windshield tonight the cold is getting to me.
The tyres on my bike are Pirelli Sport Demon in the OEM size.

Regards
 
I have that windscreen, and after trying several height and rake adjustments have arrived at an acceptable compromise between having it too raked (just increases airflow velocity at the helmet) and too straight up (turbulence).
I like it right against the instrument pods using Velcro patches to prevent chafe and vibration / rattle.

Ben
 
Thread starter
That's a good idea....I'm doing that!

Ben70_imp said:
I have that windscreen, and after trying several height and rake adjustments have arrived at an acceptable compromise between having it too raked (just increases airflow velocity at the helmet) and too straight up (turbulence).
I like it right against the instrument pods using Velcro patches to prevent chafe and vibration / rattle.

Ben
 
Measure up 10" from the ign switch and cut it off there. It will be perfect lol
 
Thread starter
Been a long time since I've had a bike with no spools on the rear. This is some sketchy stuff! Get the rubber swapped tomorrow and mounted tomorrow night.

 
They look good. Weird sipe pattern, but tires look good.
 
Thread starter
I'm with you on the sipes...I was looking for these or the Pirelli Angel GTs and these were the first up. $250 for the set was hard to pass up.
I've been on track with a friend that had these stock on 2015 BMW S1000RR. They performed well for street tires. He burned them up in a couple of days.
 
That's a great price. Seems like I pay that apiece for tires for my ST lol
 
COCB1100, it's a factory dent.
 
TwoBrothersBusa_imp said:
My wife tells me my gift in life is to "Buy high and sell low"...for once I got decent price!


The ferret_imp said:
That's a great price. Seems like I pay that apiece for tires for my ST lol
[/QUOTE]

...Too funny :D

Thanks for the pics. Really like the look of the wider tyre. How did the ride go?
 
Thread starter
They were great. Had some wet roads along the way and never felt anything that felt sketchy. I too like the profile of the 160 on the rear much better than the stocker. Many thanks to the first here that suggested that as an option!
 
Thread starter
Got in 200+ miles today in the northwest GA area. The CB was so comfy for the trip. Sixth gear is a deep whole that lets you purr along at 3K going 65mph. What a good day!
 
TwoBrothersBusa_imp said:
Got in 200+ miles today in the northwest GA area. The CB was so comfy for the trip. Sixth gear is a deep whole that lets you purr along at 3K going 65mph. What a good day!

The pure unadulterated pleasure provided by the CB. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top