New Windshield and Tires

noroomtomove_imp said:
28th of June 2017

I've just refitted my windshield tonight the cold is getting to me.
The tyres on my bike are Pirelli Sport Demon in the OEM size.

Regards
Curious to know how your Sport Demons feel on the CB, because they're bias-ply tires, not radials. I had a set on my V7 Classic and they rode better than the stock Metzelers, but they only lasted 4000 miles. I'd think the CB, since it's quite a bit heavier and more powerful than a V7, would eat them up.
 
Thread starter
Well I didn't get what I expected out of the Conti Road Attack 2s....only had around 3K on the rear and it's flat spotted. I got some new Pirelli's to try and we'll see how they do.

Got a new No-Mar Classic tire changer on the way too! Paid 100 bucks to have the last set mounted and I took off the wheels!!!

94ff1a57c6caecd34640b9c9301c2774.jpg
 
Holy cow ... 3000 miles? That would stink.

Good idea on the no mar. Look at youtube for some things that will make it easier.
 
Thread starter
I would get 3K out of a set of Dunlop Q2s on my Busa back in the day. (I was heavy handed on the right hand to boot!) The CB is nice and gentle on tires and I still only got 3K.
 
I can't imagine having to change tires sooner than you have to change your oil and filter lol
 
Back
Top