New (to me) Deluxe - HERE!

Beemer Guy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I had committed to buy a nice 2013 standard from a local guy, but at the last moment I backed out of the deal. I wanted a Deluxe, specifically for the ABS but also those dual pipes, and of course, a 6-speed is nice too. Thanks to a friend who keeps up with these things along with some feedback from the nice folks on this site, I found the bike (from a board member) and we made a deal on Tuesday. Part of the deal was that he deliver it from Ohio to me in NC, and he arrived here Friday afternoon. There were a few minor issues, which we quickly resolved, and now the bike is residing quietly and we hope, happily, in my garage. John was a great guy to deal with and made the deal very easy. Then yesterday I got a PM from Rick (also in Ohio) who offered to help me in any way with the sale. Wow! That was just super nice of him to offer. I didn't need to take him up on it, since the bike was delivered, but that's the kind of camaraderie that makes this hobby such a great thing. It's the people.

Thank you too to all of the board members who helped me get over my hesitation to buy this thing. I love it.

Regards,
Michael
 
clearviewx_imp said:
Those DLX's are awesome....

Yes they are. Congrats Beemer Guy or should we call you CB Guy or DLX Guy now?
 
So glad things worked out. You, BH14 (soon) and I are the ones with new DLX's in our garage just this week! (BH14 - maybe by this Friday?)
 
Congratulations BeemerGuy. I'm sure you'll both be very happy together.
 
Congrats Beemer Guy, Looks really nice. Did it come with a top case for that rack mount?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
clearviewx_imp said:
Those DLX's are awesome....

Yes they are. Congrats Beemer Guy or should we call you CB Guy or DLX Guy now?
Heh, heh. :) Yeah, those Beemer days are behind me now.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Beemer Guy, Looks really nice. Did it come with a top case for that rack mount?
Yes, it did. I forgot who makes it, but it is color matched and the seller had it keyed the same as well. I took it off to make it easier to store the bike in the corner of my garage, but the wife will like it as her backrest. And we can put drinks in there, rain gear, etc.

It's funny, as the lock keeps you from removing the case, but doesn't seem to lock the lid. Cases I've had in the past did both. Not a big deal, but unusual.
 
Congrats. I remember the feeling when I found and picked up mine. As my wife says....there is no bigger smile than the one from a guy with a new toy. Enjoy the beautiful DLX. :D
 
Sounds like the Honda top box. RandyB has one and may comment on the lock.
 
+1 on what Cormanus said.
 
Back
Top