New (to me) Deluxe - HERE!

OOOOO.. i'm always happy when the forum recovers another one of these rare and precious motorcycles. It would be cool if we could somehow track the disposition of all of them across the country. figure out which ones are lost and where they are. I know one of our members has the #2 model that was imported into the states, and a couple of our members have salvaged DLX models that were neglected or crashed.

edit: WHOA I don't think i realized it when i was posting but this is a zombie thread.
 
Thread starter
tommymck_imp said:
Looks great! In this and your previous thread, I don't think I ever saw what kind of Beemer you had?
Oh my, a blast from the past.

I had several Beemers, the last one was a GS. My favorites were the RT models, but I also had an LT and an KS (??) somewhere... and an R.

I sold the CB after a few months for a bunch of reasons, mostly because of my carpal tunnel and just fear of the cages driven by distracted texting morons. It went to a guy in Canada, who drove down here (NC) to pick it up.
 
Beemer Guy_imp said:
I had committed to buy a nice 2013 standard from a local guy, but at the last moment I backed out of the deal. I wanted a Deluxe, specifically for the ABS but also those dual pipes, and of course, a 6-speed is nice too. Thanks to a friend who keeps up with these things along with some feedback from the nice folks on this site, I found the bike (from a board member) and we made a deal on Tuesday. Part of the deal was that he deliver it from Ohio to me in NC, and he arrived here Friday afternoon. There were a few minor issues, which we quickly resolved, and now the bike is residing quietly and we hope, happily, in my garage. John was a great guy to deal with and made the deal very easy. Then yesterday I got a PM from Rick (also in Ohio) who offered to help me in any way with the sale. Wow! That was just super nice of him to offer. I didn't need to take him up on it, since the bike was delivered, but that's the kind of camaraderie that makes this hobby such a great thing. It's the people.

Thank you too to all of the board members who helped me get over my hesitation to buy this thing. I love it.

Regards,
Michael
Gorgeous bike BG, congrats on the purchase! Looks like she's been well cared for and is in primo condition.

I thought I saw another member state in his signature "'14 CB1100 Standard, 5 Speed". Mine is a '14 Standard, 6 Speed. Did Honda actually produce both 5 & 6 speed transmissions on these bikes?

Sorry if that's a nube question, I'm still learning about the fine details of our beloved CB's.
 
They were 5 speed up to 2013 then in 2014 all went to 6 speed.

What member was it? Apparently in some countries they call it whatever year they sell it. So could be a '13 model sold and registered in '14 and they call it a '14.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They were 5 speed up to 2013 then in 2014 all went to 6 speed.

What member was it? Apparently in some countries they call it whatever year they sell it. So could be a '13 model sold and registered in '14 and they call it a '14.
It was this member
f69b8b43717045795ca3fffebe118a76.png
but my bike is Japanese spec

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
So Tod, your bike was manufactured in 2014? Japan had 2014 models with 5 speeds?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They were 5 speed up to 2013 then in 2014 all went to 6 speed.

What member was it? Apparently in some countries they call it whatever year they sell it. So could be a '13 model sold and registered in '14 and they call it a '14.
Interesting, I did not know that. Honda has had 6 Spd Tranny's for a really long time. Wonder why they would revert to five spd in any street bike? Cost savings?
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
OOOOO.. i'm always happy when the forum recovers another one of these rare and precious motorcycles. It would be cool if we could somehow track the disposition of all of them across the country. figure out which ones are lost and where they are. I know one of our members has the #2 model that was imported into the states, and a couple of our members have salvaged DLX models that were neglected or crashed.

edit: WHOA I don't think i realized it when i was posting but this is a zombie thread.
Whhoooops. My bad...
 
How many DLXs were made, do we have any numbers, only US market?
Perhaps Cormanus can shed some light ?
 
I think we figured about 400 if memory serves me. I know they were all sold out by April 2014
 
Beemer Guy_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Looks great! In this and your previous thread, I don't think I ever saw what kind of Beemer you had?
Oh my, a blast from the past.

I had several Beemers, the last one was a GS. My favorites were the RT models, but I also had an LT and an KS (??) somewhere... and an R.

I sold the CB after a few months for a bunch of reasons, mostly because of my carpal tunnel and just fear of the cages driven by distracted texting morons. It went to a guy in Canada, who drove down here (NC) to pick it up.
I wonder whether this is the bike that is now owned by peterbaron?

tod.branko_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
So Tod, your bike was manufactured in 2014? Japan had 2014 models with 5 speeds?
That is correct

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That is correct
While I don't doubt the bike was manufactured in 2014, it is a 5-speed and has 2010-2013 gauges. I doubt very much it is a special Japanese-only version.

What Ferret said about the number of DLX models sent to the US. For a long time we thought 300, but then someone turned up with #303 and blew that theory out of the water. Maybe 400 is optimistic.
 
tommymck_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
OOOOO.. i'm always happy when the forum recovers another one of these rare and precious motorcycles. It would be cool if we could somehow track the disposition of all of them across the country. figure out which ones are lost and where they are. I know one of our members has the #2 model that was imported into the states, and a couple of our members have salvaged DLX models that were neglected or crashed.

edit: WHOA I don't think i realized it when i was posting but this is a zombie thread.
Whhoooops. My bad...
Whhoooops. My bad... Mine will be on the road soon, I hope. Another DLX that was on its way to the rust-bucket pile, but to me, definitely worth saving. But mine is a 6 speed version, as I thought all were.
 
Michael, all DLX and EX CB1100 models are 6 speed. It is only the standards manufactured between 2010 and 2013 (and maybe 2014 in tod.branko's case) that are 5 speed.
 
There’s a very small number of CB riders skilled enough to do what needs to be done with the bike with 5 gears. The rest need 6. :angel:
 
Back
Top