New Tiros K style seat

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
Thanks to hondahoarder, I now have a seat that doesn't make me numb after 45 minutes.

4843588336f5690bc693be2be074a795.jpg


69b0987c36fd2b7b30bfa155319bcb06.jpg


632eb09d12f1c0484d2b9716314474f5.jpg


9b678501c29d3379060898ac3b370bd2.jpg
 
AND.. It looks good on the bike! Congrats
 
Thread starter
The best part of the deal for me was the original packaging from Japan was reused.

9ef77c7ede867dba15280c866e363c80.jpg
 
Does your new seat fit on your other ride in the background? :P
 
The only problem I see is that is not a K&H seat. It is more likely a Tiros: K-Style which is much less expensive than the premium K&H.

I understand that the Tiros is supposed to be comfy, but hopefully you paid accordingly.
 
Thread starter
That's it. I forgot the brand and I think he deleted the ad. But I paid about half of new from samurider. The price was right.
Of course, now I cannot change the title on my phone.
 
Fixed it for you Kenny
 
OP,

Your Tiros seat looks great. That is the one seat I would like to get but it is not offered for my 2014 dlx. Hopefully one day it will be available. the Tiros has the retro look I like and is less expensive than other alternatives. Also, good to hear it is comfortable as well.
 
I think I bought the same seat from a member, although the "scoop" doesn't look so pronounced on mine. Maybe the seeming difference is only camera perspective or with more break-in time it will look the same?

Me too, it allows me to ride longer than two hours before my butt starts to get numb...by then I'm ready to stop to hydrate, fuel up or stretch anyway... who am I kidding? It's much more likely I probably need to pull over to figure out why I'm lost.....:huh:
 
ClassicVW, that's very comforting. I thought it was just me.
 
KennyW,
I've been thinking of replacing my seat too and love the look of yours. How has the new seat effected your stand? Is the seat higher? Though the stock seat is uncomfortable it is the right height for me. I'm 5'10 with a 29" inseam. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
 
Thread starter
This one is taller than stock and perfect for me with a 36" inseam.
 
Thread starter
Well, it looks like 1.5-2 hours is the limit on this seat for me. It does great for my daily commuting but didn't last all day, even with plenty of breaks to stretch, when I went for a ride around Mt. Rainier.

I think I am going to list this one for sale and go order a Corbin instead.
 
Back
Top