new tail piece

Trés flash, dude. Photo on the bike, please.
 
Thread starter
probably coming this weekend. i'm not good with taking this apart, and have no idea what to expect when it comes to disconnecting my signals. i'm hoping i can do it if i take all day saturday.
 
The signal connectors are in a boot under the tool box on the left side. Removing he left side cover helps get to it.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The signal connectors are in a boot under the tool box on the left side. Removing he left side cover helps get to it.
huh...so that means i'll have to pull the whole cotton picking pigtail out so that i can run it back through the new tail light bracket? i didn't anticipate that. i just figured the connector would be closer to the light itself and all the wiring would remain in place.
 
OK. I can wait. :D
 
Mr. P,

Thats why some just cut and splice when messing with the rear lights. I don’t like doing that to wire harnesses though...

If you need the pics from the service manual tht shows the boot and the routing, PM me your email address and I’ll shoot them quickly with my phone and send them.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Mr. P,

Thats why some just cut and splice when messing with the rear lights. I don’t like doing that to wire harnesses though...

If you need the pics from the service manual tht shows the boot and the routing, PM me your email address and I’ll shoot them quickly with my phone and send them.
i get anxiety attacks whenever i loosen a bolt i've never loosened before. i can assure you, i will not be cutting any wires. ever.
PowerDubs_imp said:
"have no idea what to expect when it comes to disconnecting my signals"

This is about to get interesting... :D
interesting is not the word i would use. probably a lot of profanity.

on a side note, of course my existing rear luggage rack will not work with this tail piece. Does anybody own this rack : HONDA : Rear Carrier (For CB1100 EX / CB1100 RS) [08L70MGCJB0] ??

if so, would you be willing to provide me with some detailed height measurements?
 
Thread starter
Well I did it. Took over 6 hours and I some how managed to get black schmutz on my face, but I did it.
i love the profile
I'm loving this a lot more than i thought i would actually. I'm really getting those old "F" series vibes the more I look at it. Going to have to kind of pivot my future mods toward that early 80s CB750F style.
 
Looks really nice MisterP!!

I take it you found the wire boot :P
 
Thread starter
Banned_imp said:
Wow.

That is awesome. Did you buy that tail piece off 736cc?
I did. I guess that maintains the uniqueness :-p

I did not buy his Vesco front fairing though. too much body for me, and way more money than i needed to spend after buying this. The sad part is a really loved his exhaust and have wanted one since before i saw his bike, but i won't be spending money on an exhaust until next year. opportunity missed!
PowerDubs_imp said:
Good job.

I'm waiting for someone to go full on classic NightHawk with one of these bikes.
yep. you're right on the money. i'm mostly being influenced by the images below, minus the paint job of course. I'm really wracking my brain to find an artful way to get that grab bar on the back , and have really been thinking hard on what exhaust would best bring out the look i think one of those black Moriwaki RC4's or just a plain short 1-piece 4 into 1. I'm only thinking i'm going to have to go to Square mirrors for sure.

any other suggestions that could bring this style to life?
 
Back
Top