New leather jacket ordered

Thread starter
OK here's some pics...This is the Vented Racing Jacket with2 front vents, 2 arm vents, 2 back vents, removable liner, 2 inside pockets, snap side adjusters and padded kidney area. It also has a pocket inside for a back protector.(pad available separately I would assume)

It is very heavy, very soft and very supple (no break in necessary) and smells great as previously mentioned... Rich Corinthian Leather (remember who said that? and about what? lol

Front


Back
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2002_zps81ff6ee2.jpg.html]

Full sleeve removable Liner

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2004_zps747358e9.jpg.html]

Close up detail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2005_zps4612be0e.jpg.html]

No modeling shots...if I was tall and thin like Tink I would, but I'm short and fat so...NO!
 
Haha - no body shots?! awww man!!

Great looking jacket Ferret, I hope you're enjoying it! Do you have a feel for how warm you'd be able to wear it?

My unvented leathers I wear from ~25-80 degrees and textile from 80+. I'd rather wear the leathers full time but it's just too hot, wondering if venting like that could help stretch the range.

Enjoy it in good health :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Grover..people have different tolerances for heat and cold. My wife loves it cold. She freezes me out with air conditioning at 68 and windows open when it's 50 degrees out. I like it when it's hot, I dont start getting comfortable until about 75 I wear leathers from 50's to 90 or so. Below that I switch to heavy textile with stuff underneath it, recently electric liner. Above that I will switch to mesh textile.
 
The ferret_imp said:
OK here's some pics...This is the Vented Racing Jacket with2 front vents, 2 arm vents, 2 back vents, removable liner, 2 inside pockets, snap side adjusters and padded kidney area. It also has a pocket inside for a back protector.(pad available separately I would assume)

It is very heavy, very soft and very supple (no break in necessary) and smells great as previously mentioned... Rich Corinthian Leather (remember who said that? and about what? lol

Front


Back
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2002_zps81ff6ee2.jpg.html]

Full sleeve removable Liner

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2004_zps747358e9.jpg.html]

Close up detail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2005_zps4612be0e.jpg.html]

No modeling shots...if I was tall and thin like Tink I would, but I'm short and fat so...NO!

Ricardo Montalban about the leather in the new Chrysler New Yorker in the mid 80's.

Now what do i win? (I know...a new leather jacket :P) :clap: :banana:
 
The ferret_imp said:
OK here's some pics...This is the Vented Racing Jacket with2 front vents, 2 arm vents, 2 back vents, removable liner, 2 inside pockets, snap side adjusters and padded kidney area. It also has a pocket inside for a back protector.(pad available separately I would assume)

It is very heavy, very soft and very supple (no break in necessary) and smells great as previously mentioned... Rich Corinthian Leather (remember who said that? and about what? lol

Front


Back
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2002_zps81ff6ee2.jpg.html]

Full sleeve removable Liner

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2004_zps747358e9.jpg.html]

Close up detail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2005_zps4612be0e.jpg.html]

No modeling shots...if I was tall and thin like Tink I would, but I'm short and fat so...NO!

That is a fine looking Jacket. Congrats Ferret!
 
Thread starter
I can almost smell it from here. You lucky Ferret you! :)
 
Randy B_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
OK here's some pics...This is the Vented Racing Jacket with2 front vents, 2 arm vents, 2 back vents, removable liner, 2 inside pockets, snap side adjusters and padded kidney area. It also has a pocket inside for a back protector.(pad available separately I would assume)

It is very heavy, very soft and very supple (no break in necessary) and smells great as previously mentioned... Rich Corinthian Leather (remember who said that? and about what? lol

Front


Back
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2002_zps81ff6ee2.jpg.html]

Full sleeve removable Liner

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2004_zps747358e9.jpg.html]

Close up detail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2005_zps4612be0e.jpg.html]

No modeling shots...if I was tall and thin like Tink I would, but I'm short and fat so...NO!

Ricardo Montalban about the leather in the new Chrysler New Yorker in the mid 80's.

Now what do i win? (I know...a new leather jacket :P) :clap: :banana:

(Buzzer Sound) ooh, were sorry Randy, but that was an incorrect answer. Although it was Ricardo Montalban, the car was the Chrysler Cordoba.... And it was in the mid 70s... But thanks for playing and we have some lovely linoleum for your home as a parting gift....

BTW- there is no such thing as Corinthian Leather. Either in a car or anywhere.
That was completely made up for the commercial by the marketing agency.
 
Thread starter
Alright, I' m off the hook for a prize ...woohooo
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
OK here's some pics...This is the Vented Racing Jacket with2 front vents, 2 arm vents, 2 back vents, removable liner, 2 inside pockets, snap side adjusters and padded kidney area. It also has a pocket inside for a back protector.(pad available separately I would assume)

It is very heavy, very soft and very supple (no break in necessary) and smells great as previously mentioned... Rich Corinthian Leather (remember who said that? and about what? lol

Front


Back
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2002_zps81ff6ee2.jpg.html]

Full sleeve removable Liner

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2004_zps747358e9.jpg.html]

Close up detail

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Foxcreek2005_zps4612be0e.jpg.html]

No modeling shots...if I was tall and thin like Tink I would, but I'm short and fat so...NO!

Ricardo Montalban about the leather in the new Chrysler New Yorker in the mid 80's.

Now what do i win? (I know...a new leather jacket :P) :clap: :banana:

(Buzzer Sound) ooh, were sorry Randy, but that was an incorrect answer. Although it was Ricardo Montalban, the car was the Chrysler Cordoba.... And it was in the mid 70s... But thanks for playing and we have some lovely linoleum for your home as a parting gift....

BTW- there is no such thing as Corinthian Leather. Either in a car or anywhere.
That was completely made up for the commercial by the marketing agency.

Knew that. :P
 
Where was the little bloke running around yelling "It's the plane, it's the plane!"?
 
Thread starter
I knew it was Ricardo Montalban, and I knew it was a Chrysler, but couldn't have told you the decade and no way I could have come up with the model of car Cordoba. Never even seen one that I know of. Wonder how many they sold?

No such thing as Corinthian leather? I'm so disappointed. Hope my jacket is not made out of pleather lol
 
Mickey
The jacket reminds me of my hein-gericke from years ago. Built in kidney belt with zippers front and back for ventilation. My wife use to call them air-condition vents. Great jacket just out grew it and sold it on ebay.
The nice thing about your jacket vs my Dainese is you can close up the zipper and add a liner for cooler weather. My D had fabric around the stretch areas and gets a bit cold in cool weather.
 
Thread starter
Guys this is one fine jacket..soft, supple, comfortable right out of the box. With a pair of deerskin gloves, my HJC 3/4 face helmet, some old jeans and some broken in lace up work boots, it's almost like riding in your pajamas it is so comfortable.

 
Man, that's one good-looking jacket.
 
Thread starter
Next week is the Men's Fall Trip, this year to central Kentucky... Going to have a few bugs on it by the time I get back home I suppose ( like a good motorcycle jacket should)
 
Back
Top