NEW L-KNEE

Best wishes and good luck for a speedy recovery, PB.
After 20 years(!) of pain, my hip replacement last November has been a stunning success. Although more straightforward than a new knee, I hope you have similar results to my op, and it changes your life for the better as much as mine has. I was last on my bikes eighteen months ago, so I can't wait to get back riding, much as you will be, I guess.
Good luck, chum. :)
 
Thread starter
THANK you kindly. Getting second/private PT to speed up recovery-bending knee.
History of previous operations/complications/muscle rupture+++ slow down recovery...but is coming, just need longer time to recover than average knee replacement. Aiming June to be back in the saddle :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
THANK you kindly. Getting second/private PT to speed up recovery-bending knee.
History of previous operations/complications/muscle rupture+++ slow down recovery...but is coming, just need longer time to recover than average knee replacement. Aiming June to be back in the saddle :D
June is one of the nicest months to ride in Ontario. Not too cold or hot, everything is fresh and green.
 
Hello PB, Glad to see you are on the mend. I cant comment on a new knee yet as mine are originals and hopefully will stay that way, knock wood. I did have back surgery years ago, and as a result I know that doing rehab correctly and religiously is key to quickest full recovery. Maybe like the Tin Woodsman in The Wizard of Oz, throw in some Honda 5W-30 full synthetic to keep the new gears lubricated? Speedy recovery Brother.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, generally OK, but bending knee is a slow process. To enhance it, last week started gym daily (just for bending) and tomorrow, 2nd/private PT. Hope to move forward faster. Bike in garage is bleating of not being ridden...:)
 
Hang in there PB and maybe give the bike a nice coat of Honda polish to let it know you haven't forgotten about it lol.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hang in there PB and maybe give the bike a nice coat of Honda polish to let it know you haven't forgotten about it lol.
Charged her 12 V and she was told to wait for its master...and quietly accepted
:D
 
Take the mirrors off before you do that PB. They’re not up to holding the weight of the bike. :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
I just got my L knee replaced on Thursday.....:)

6d8dfa6c31598a5f7648917c8e327f63.jpg


495bf92476eda0192aecb4b74ac567d9.jpg


f3624cb98ed531f519cb4352ed1b7ad7.jpg


...so, season is still closed for me for about 4-6 weeks :huh:
wish you fast recovery.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for asking John and hope you are doing OK as well.

Working at home with a different motion horse - PCM and getting ready for 2019 season ASAP.
PCM Knee Horse runs entire night, 10 hrs , plus 4-6 hrs during the day...
Surgeon took extra hour just to do knee/leg alignment...2 X on my leg (2-nd pic) are alignment marks. I got my leg straighten out ABAP.
Hope camber, caster, toe and SKI are all done perfectly by him...lol..

Recovery/bending knee comes slow due to previous L leg operations/torn muscles and poor = government do diddly PT ....
Since May 1st, I've been going to different/private PTpist. Steve is a real hero in my recovery and fantastic professional...catching up all delays.
No set backs so far. Mid May, I have already scheduled surgeon control visit.

32ebf553ccd320f7af5abbe4d9ba9f97.mp4


0d8f8c75e31b10b367315fecbefc348f.mp4

Knee Passive Continues Motion Machine

CB is sitting in my garage and getting jealous for not being ridden....soon :biker:



:D
 
Excellent PB. Glad to read you are engaged in the process and getting some learning entertainment when possible.

I wouldn't worry 'bout the CB getting jealous, unless of course you quietly started mounting another bike behind the garage. :)

I would worry about RLETs suddenly appearing on the CB. They are sneaky. :dodgy:
 
Glad things are coming along PB. Knees are a long, hard, painful process. My wife did both of hers at the same time. It was rough on both of us lol.
 
Thread starter
At last, back in the saddle again ....:biker:
Today, after April knee replacement and delay of extra few weeks, I made satisfactory, 70 km nonstop trip.
Yesterday had problem staring my bike since October hibernation. Battery went week and was replaced. Also did not want to fire and idle, quick judgement and trick brought her back to normal life :D
Thanks all for well wishes. Exercises need to be carried on until full recovery, long process in my complex case.
:excited:
 
Great to hear, pb. There will be no stopping you now! :D

Ridden my BeeEmm for the first time this week since my hip replacement!
Took the river ferry crossing at Dartmouth (home of the British Navy) and along to Slapton Sands, scene of the Operation Tiger disaster (Google it). A Devon cream tea (Google that too!) then home again, along the beautiful coast road. Not that far, but twisty, slow Devon roads through little villages. :)

Meanwhile, the poor CB languishes on the bench, awaiting the rest of the Whitehouse bits and the exhaust. September at the earliest, I fear. :(
 
peterbaron_imp said:
At last, back in the saddle again ....:biker:
Today, after April knee replacement and delay of extra few weeks, I made satisfactory, 70 km nonstop trip.
Yesterday had problem staring my bike since October hibernation. Battery went week and was replaced. Also did not want to fire and idle, quick judgement and trick brought her back to normal life :D
Thanks all for well wishes. Exercises need to be carried on until full recovery, long process in my complex case.
:excited:

:banana: that is the great news we have been waiting for PB. Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top