NEW L-KNEE

When I had physiotherapy for my lower back, I was told to feel the stretch but not to the point of pain. I had appointments twice a week and did 45 minutes of exercises every day at home.

After decades of back pain, I was cured in three weeks. After that if I woke up stiff a 60 second stretch at the kitchen sink was all I needed.

I was good for years, until I had to pull Miss Piggy up from a sandy embankment beside a rural back road. She decided to take a nap after I stopped to free a vicious bee from inside my jacket. After being stung twice I had failed to put the side stand down before removing my gear. Two visits to my physiotherapist and a week of exercises and the pain was gone.
 
Thread starter
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
 
Hang in there PB, we are here if you need a laugh. Heal quickly my friend.
 
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
 
PB with the Ontario weather the way it is, our riding season may be much like last year. So you won't miss any enjoyable riding until June.

Just make sure you always make time for your daily PT exercises. I always did mine in the morning so I had the rest of the day to do what I wanted.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hang in there PB, we are here if you need a laugh. Heal quickly my friend.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Great to read to are checking in and doing well PB. :beerchug:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
to Ferret: jokes and laugh are always welcome...

to GO: carful, I was operated at Toronto Western on Bathurst..and saw old knee travelling through the window...and rolling down to Lakeshore area, just in case if you find it: NO need to return it :P:D

to Pdedse: as an teenager had a motorcycle accident with L-thigh double fracture, knee smashed, tissue and bone infection, as an initial damage, and then over four decades of exploitation further degeneration...
One of my family doctor said that he's never seen so damaged knee in his 47 year of practice...but now is all sparky new :D

Missing Houtman's 8 sponge nurses, can you here me John????

::beerchug::cool:
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Sponge baths done in the knee area is less exciting than being sponged in the prostate area !
:thumbsup::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: totally agree with you
 
For either of those problems, we have leeches available in the castle infirmary. Jus sayin...
 
PB, good to hear you’re making progress. Just be wary of some things Houtman says. As the prostate is an internal organ, the said bath might require a sponge being inserted somewhere. I can’t speak for you, but that’s a decidedly unappealing prospect for me.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
PB, good to hear you’re making progress. Just be wary of some things Houtman says. As the prostate is an internal organ, the said bath might require a sponge being inserted somewhere. I can’t speak for you, but that’s a decidedly unappealing prospect for me.
thanks for your warning... :blush:
I think I should apply for a room as popgun suggested in post # 30 = much safer facility :D
 
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
 
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Ouch!! :exclamation:

That sounds kinda gross there PB.

Anyway, definitely feel for ya.

peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Thanks PB. A modern day event [horizon] avatar refresh.

Sometimes when I squint at it, it looks like looking down a tailpipe that is about to backfire.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Could that be something like "Have someone to run and grab another implant in a hurry, because the one they prepared did not fit (due to bone deterioration)"?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Csory_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
So glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope to hear the PT pays big dividends.

If I may ask, what was the severe damage due to? Accident or damage suffered over time?

peterbaron_imp said:
THANK YOU ALL for well wishes and wise PT advise.
Operation went well, but took surgeon an extra hour due to severe damage to my knee.
Hope, he installed all OEM HONDA parts for flawless operation :P
Spring is the best time for my recovery, so even if I miss 1 month of motorcycling, I will catch up with longer trips later on :D
Now, as most of you said: keep exercising and bending new knee = totally agree...never mind the f...g pain

Will get back to normal Forum activity soon...and see you on the road again

ALL have happy and safe :biker::biker:

:thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used.
Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Could that be something like "Have someone to run and grab another implant in a hurry, because the one they prepared did not fit (due to bone deterioration)"?
Usually that has to do with deterioration of the bone. The doctor has to cut and fit multiple times to try and get to stable bone for the implant to adhere to. Sometimes this can require the company to run over an implant that was not initially sized before the operation to be used. Hey Randy: Can you please clarify "run over an implant"?
Yes, agree with GO request for explanation...

Geee... I have some feelings as if my knee was being peeled off again...:(

I have to admit, I like your new "Black Hole" avatar, well done GO = :thumbsup:
Could that be something like "Have someone to run and grab another implant in a hurry, because the one they prepared did not fit (due to bone deterioration)"?
That would be the correct interpretation of my response.
 
Back
Top