NEW L-KNEE

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just got my L knee replaced on Thursday.....:)

6d8dfa6c31598a5f7648917c8e327f63.jpg


495bf92476eda0192aecb4b74ac567d9.jpg


f3624cb98ed531f519cb4352ed1b7ad7.jpg


...so, season is still closed for me for about 4-6 weeks :huh:
 
Sorry to hear that you will be of your bike for a while !
I hope that the healing is going well and that you will be back on "stage" very soon. ( my RS concert is being delayed )
 
Geezalou PB... Couldn't you have scheduled this in November?

Repacement knees are kinda tricky (my wife has 2 of them). PT is crucial, do all they will give you and ask for more. They never will feel like your old knees, but if you had bone on bone pain with your original knee, after 6 months with the new knee you will be pleased with the lack of pain.

Hey brother take care and heal well. Drop in on us when you can and we will try and cheer you up.
 
Good on you, PB. Do your exercises and get well quickly.
 
Alright PB - you came out!

I am sure you will be just fine if you follow the plan. I have seen some great success stories and luckily no bad ones.

4 to 6 weeks in really nothing considering what you get back.
 
PB, I had my left knee replacement surgery January 2010. My surgery and recovery went very well. I too recommend you work your Physical Therapy Program as recommenced to get your range of motion back.
I have no regrets! With my stainless steel knee, I avoid strong magnetic fields so I don’t get swept off my feet! ;)
Best wishes for a good recovery and keep us posted of your progress.
 
I worked at an orthopedic company for a few years and I learned a bit about what goes into that. Be glad you were asleep for the surgery because, let me tell you, they are not nice to your bones. Banging, cutting and drilling to make the implants fit.
If you had a total joint replacement there should be 4 pieces in there....Femoral, Tibial, Patella and the articulation surface that everything rides on. It's pretty interesting stuff.
Do your PT and you should be good to go for 20 years. Losing weight always helps.
 
Love the sunnies peter, so much good advice in these posts, all i can say is when i had my accident long ago i had zero movement when my cast came off, it was a struggle to get to get the movement back but i got over 95% back and i am glad i did, motivation; new 500cc motorcycle.:biker:

all the best matey.
 
At first I thought ...”hey, this should be under General Discussion” but thinking about it this is a legit modification.
 
Frulk_imp said:
At first I thought ...”hey, this should be under General Discussion” but thinking about it this is a legit modification.
Great observation Frulk. Do we know the "brand" of the parts? :P
 
Wish you a fast recovery PB.
I had my left knee replaced 3 years ago in New Market, fortunately it was done during the winter months, luckily my 2 months PT & recovery were not during the riding season.
I still remember the nurse encouraging me to climb the stairs on the same day of the surgery after I woke up.
I did my exercise every other hour - meaning, one hour of walking around and one hour of rest watching TV while pedalling.
I did that for the first month and then I did my PT at the hospital.

Note: During the PT, You must make sure that you bend your knee all the way even if it hurts.
By end of spring I was riding my CBX.
As an encouragement I got myself my CB1100

Good recovery !!
 
Randy B_imp said:
I worked at an orthopedic company for a few years and I learned a bit about what goes into that. Be glad you were asleep for the surgery because, let me tell you, they are not nice to your bones. Banging, cutting and drilling to make the implants fit.
If you had a total joint replacement there should be 4 pieces in there....Femoral, Tibial, Patella and the articulation surface that everything rides on. It's pretty interesting stuff.
Do your PT and you should be good to go for 20 years. Losing weight always helps.
Years ago the local PBS station televised a knee replacement surgery. The amount of hammering and sawing involved made it look more like gruesome carpentry than surgery. :D

Good luck with the recovery, PB. My good friend had 3 knee replacements over the course of 4 years (the first one was defective). He said the physical therapy required was not fun, but the results were well worth it. He's an avid mountain biker / hiker and was back to normal activities within a few months.
 
My knees are OEM :) Get well soon PB!!
 
Yes, Lord Popgun, but they are lordly OEM parts and, therefore, longer wearing than those of your vassals. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, Lord Popgun, but they are lordly OEM parts and, therefore, longer wearing than those of your vassals. :P
That made my head spin....just a little. :P:P
 
...had no idea what bike part would be an L-KNEE... Missed a single letter: it is the part of a bikeR :D Get well soon, and enjoy your new pain-free knee! Have you also opted for the built-in scratchpad? ;)
 
Back
Top