New K&H Seat

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I ordered a K&H solo seat in late May. It shipped from Mr. T three days ago and arrived today!

The ride position, while 17mm lower than my K&H High, is still very comfortable. Workmanship is typical K&H – super high quality.

There must be something about a solo seat and a sportier riding position. On my two hour ride I routinely scraped my boots in most corners. 

badde5b44c781ed189ef074bd0b323c4.jpg


ce4c85b0c121c8166405d3f0717b81d2.jpg


741623b5ec2c01ed6a167f76613a6077.jpg


When I got back home, my wife informed me she was ready to resume being a passenger after a 7 week hiatus due to surgery. So tomorrow the bench seat, sissy bar and rear carrier go back on. Good thing I’m getting pretty adept at putting on and taking off the rear carrier. I have a feeling I’ll be doing it often.
 
A very strong case could be made for Honda to come out with your bike as a special edition. With wire spoked wheels of course. Looking extremely nice sir. :worship:
 
That is the best look for your bike so far ..IMO
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys.

The new solo seat stayed on the bike for 36 hours.

My wife and I had a nice ride last night, our first in 2 months. Shopping and dining - got to keep the better half happy - always!

Of course the regular seat, sissy bar and roll bag had to go on first.

841d8317b797709f75c8498cc22ea529.jpg


Oh well.

Here are a couple of pictures of my K&H High seat (the grandma/grandpa seat) and my new solo seat.

52f7f69e1fef4aa87e96637921e0f40e.jpg


50cf4d830c0db60e4e0a8cca83735b06.jpg
 
You're always a couple steps ahead of me !!
Does the full K&H high seat fix all the discomfort issues of the stock seat, is it wroth the money?

Thanks
 
Wow, that is a beauty! I really like that a lot - it definitely appeals to the old cafe racer in me. :cool:
I have to agree with ferret, I think that's your best look so far. It really suits the lines of your bike.
If I hadn't just gotten the Tiro seat specifically because I wanted something taller, I'd be all over that like white on snow!
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
You're always a couple steps ahead of me !!
Does the full K&H high seat fix all the discomfort issues of the stock seat, is it wroth the money?

Thanks
Hiker,

A lot of folks don't seem to mind the 2013 stock seat, but I was miserable after an hour. The K&H was a big improvement for me.

I had my doubts when I first got it - it is very firm (mine set for 110kg rider weight) and got uncomfortable after an hour. But the seat improves with time (well before the 2000 mile recommended break-in period). Plus there's plenty of room to move around and you don't feel like the seat is forcing you forward.

I'm the wrong person to ask about money but it is exceptionally high quality. There are probably less expensive seats (Corbin?) that may provide as good or better comfort.

Papa - I just ordered a shorter front fender in keeping with the emerging cafe look.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You're always a couple steps ahead of me !!
Does the full K&H high seat fix all the discomfort issues of the stock seat, is it wroth the money?

Thanks
Hiker,

A lot of folks don't seem to mind the 2013 stock seat, but I was miserable after an hour. The K&H was a big improvement for me.

I had my doubts when I first got it - it is very firm (mine set for 110kg rider weight) and got uncomfortable after an hour. But the seat improves with time (well before the 2000 mile recommended break-in period). Plus there's plenty of room to move around and you don't feel like the seat is forcing you forward.

I'm the wrong person to ask about money but it is exceptionally high quality. There are probably less expensive seats (Corbin?) that may provide as good or better comfort.

Papa - I just ordered a shorter front fender in keeping with the emerging cafe look.
Good man! :D
 
CB4ME_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You're always a couple steps ahead of me !!
Does the full K&H high seat fix all the discomfort issues of the stock seat, is it wroth the money?

Thanks
Hiker,

A lot of folks don't seem to mind the 2013 stock seat, but I was miserable after an hour. The K&H was a big improvement for me.

I had my doubts when I first got it - it is very firm (mine set for 110kg rider weight) and got uncomfortable after an hour. But the seat improves with time (well before the 2000 mile recommended break-in period). Plus there's plenty of room to move around and you don't feel like the seat is forcing you forward.

I'm the wrong person to ask about money but it is exceptionally high quality. There are probably less expensive seats (Corbin?) that may provide as good or better comfort.

Papa - I just ordered a shorter front fender in keeping with the emerging cafe look.

That will make it look even better IMO!
 
CB4Me, I really like the look of your CB. Reminds me of my Triumph Bonneville that I did up with a big bore, flat-slide carbs, short front and rear fenders, pipes, single seat and cowl.

Hope you don't mind, but I sent off a email to Samurider to duplicate the parts you ordered for my 2014 Deluxe. Ordered the chic design comet 2 cowl, short front and rear fenders, and the KandH single seat.

Thanks for the inspiration.
 
Gee, Bob, can't pay the bloke a bigger compliment than that.
 
Received my new/used K&H high seat a day ago, I'll have a better idea in a week or so....but here are some quick observations.
- The K&H seat, when off the bike as compared to the stock seat, does not FLEX, you can not bend it with your hands, the stock seats can easily be bent with your hands!
I'm thinking this may be the big problem with the stock seat, maybe when you sit on it, it flexes and is the reason these seats always seem like they are pushing your forward.
I don't think it is a padding issue, neither too firm or too soft, that parts seems the same.

Do other motorcycle seats bend so easily when off the bike?
 
BikerBob_imp said:
CB4Me, I really like the look of your CB. Reminds me of my Triumph Bonneville that I did up with a big bore, flat-slide carbs, short front and rear fenders, pipes, single seat and cowl.

Hope you don't mind, but I sent off a email to Samurider to duplicate the parts you ordered for my 2014 Deluxe. Ordered the chic design comet 2 cowl, short front and rear fenders, and the KandH single seat.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Don't think anyone has gone that far with a 14 dlx. This should be interesting.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
You're always a couple steps ahead of me !!
Does the full K&H high seat fix all the discomfort issues of the stock seat, is it wroth the money?

Thanks
Hiker,

A lot of folks don't seem to mind the 2013 stock seat, but I was miserable after an hour. The K&H was a big improvement for me.

I had my doubts when I first got it - it is very firm (mine set for 110kg rider weight) and got uncomfortable after an hour. But the seat improves with time (well before the 2000 mile recommended break-in period). Plus there's plenty of room to move around and you don't feel like the seat is forcing you forward.

I'm the wrong person to ask about money but it is exceptionally high quality. There are probably less expensive seats (Corbin?) that may provide as good or better comfort.

Papa - I just ordered a shorter front fender in keeping with the emerging cafe look.
Hey CB, did I miss the pics of the bike with the new front fender???
Inquiring minds want to know! :D
 
Thread starter
Papa – I never ordered a new front fender. I was seriously considering this fender from WM:

336f98ffdc28770786c66d9e613705f8.jpg


But the WM fender is not centered on the forks. The size is fine but with the front extending further from the forks than the rear, it looks lopsided to me.

Instead I am waiting to see what Design Force comes out with this Fall.

Meanwhile I did order this WM chain guard back on August 6 and am expecting it next month,

560a0a865460a21a4c59d1aa0471865a.jpg


I’ll be selling the Plot chrome chain guard pictured here when the cows come home…..I mean when the WM chain guard arrives:

cd5d51c7ffa3f0e01b440edd5d894f9c.jpg
 
Back
Top