New Jacket

Used to use a scarf, now I use a thick fleece turtleneck tube. Easier on and off, seems to perform better, feels better on the skin.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Used to use a scarf, now I use a thick fleece turtleneck tube. Easier on and off, seems to perform better, feels better on the skin.
That sounds like the "Turtle Fur" that I use. Very convenient. I can just fold it up and keep it in my bag for whenever the temp drops. It does a great job.
 
Army pilots in WW! and WW2 used silk so I think they would be surprised to hear silk was just for women..... Just sayin'. :)

Mentally; I have two, one is the turtle hair brand as I could not find my original (since surfaced). I asked the gal at the Cycle Gear counter if they used free range turtles. She was stumped.

Oiy.
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Army pilots in WW! and WW2 used silk so I think they would be surprised to hear silk was just for women..... Just sayin'. :)

Mentally; I have two, one is the turtle hair brand as I could not find my original (since surfaced). I asked the gal at the Cycle Gear counter if they used free range turtles. She was stumped.

Oiy.
Ha! Fantastic. I would have loved to have witnessed the discussion with her manager so she'd be able to answer that question if and when it ever gets asked again. When you go back, confirm that the turtles are hormone free.
I got a free Roland Sands bandana at the flat track races. I'm not much of a bandana guy but think my dog wears it well.

 
That dog's got to be saying, "Why have you dressed me in this thing and then backed me into a corner?"
 
^^^^ Aaaaawh! He is such a handsome poochie!
I'm curious as to what his name is. I hope to get a dog or two soon.............
If I get two, one will be named Rossi; the other Nicky. :D
 
Thread starter
Inline4, meet my good friend Valentino.

I'm kidding. Couldn't resist after learning the names you plan to give your dogs! Valentino would actually be pretty funny. But his name is Milo. He's a Polish Lowland Sheepdog. What are you thinking of getting in terms of breed?
 
Inline4_imp said:
^^^^ Aaaaawh! He is such a handsome poochie!
I'm curious as to what his name is. I hope to get a dog or two soon.............
If I get two, one will be named Rossi; the other Nicky. :D

Might I suggest a greyhound for Valentino and a Basset for Nicky? :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
^^^^ Aaaaawh! He is such a handsome poochie!
I'm curious as to what his name is. I hope to get a dog or two soon.............
If I get two, one will be named Rossi; the other Nicky. :D

Might I suggest a greyhound for Valentino and a Basset for Nicky? :rofl:

Might I suggest a greyhound for Valentino and a Basset for Nicky? :rofl: Oh Mickey, that's just not right!! :D :D

As far as a dog breed I would love to have..........well I've always had a soft spot for a Miniature Yorkie. My ex-wife had one (although the dog recognized me as its master/owner). Probably the smartest dog I've ever been around, in spite of its walnut-sized brain. Seriously, that little pooch was brilliant as well as fearless. :thumbsup:
However, I don't see me owning a dog anytime soon. I commute 45 minutes each way to work every day. It wouldn't
be fair to the dog to be either outside or in a portable kennel for that length of time.
Kinda sucks actually, because I really do want a dog.
 
I just lost my chocolate lab of 13 years. best dog I have ever owned. Loving, smart, kind with the grandkids, fun to play with, obedient. It was really difficult this time. It's usually difficult, but this time it was just gut wrenching. I can't go through that again. I'm afraid he was my last dog.
 
Mickey. Sorry to hear about your dog and I know that gut wrenching feeling. I had it with our last dog and decided he would be our last for the same reasons. I was out-voted 14 years ago, though, and we now have a a 14 year old Lab/Beagle (or so we think) mix for whom some decisions will need to be made soon, I'm afraid. He will definitely be our last pup and agan for the same reasons. Both of my kids love dogs, though, so if I'm lucky I'll have a grandpuppy with whom to play in a few years. (I can wait a few mor years after that for the grandchildren, by the way)
 
Sorry MG, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

Hey MG how about a pic of you on the bike with your new Roland Sands jacket, and Bell Bullitt helmet? Bet you look snazzy!
 
Thread starter
No one should ever worry about hijacking any of my threads. Seriously. I'm happy to go where the conversation naturally flows and if and when I ever want to get things back to the original topic, I can easily do that. Heck, I seem to be the most guilty of taking my own threads off topic! I appreciate the respect shown however.

Ferret, I'm really sorry about your dog. I had a Toy Fox Terrier that my ex brought home one day after it had been abandoned by its owners. He lived to be 21! He was the oldest dog our vet had ever come across. My boys grew up with him and he was truly part of the family. In the end, he was blind, deaf and suffering too much and we put him down. Some of the hardest days I've ever experienced were the days that followed. Our whole family was devastated. In the end, the joy he brought far outweighed the heartache of losing him.

You've met Milo. We also have two other dogs! We like to think of Milo as my dog and the girls as belonging to my wife. Of course, they're all part of the family. Funny that your ideal breed is a mini-Yorkie Inline4. One of the girls is a toy Yorkie (not quite as miniature) and she's by far the best behaved of the bunch. The other is a mix Yorkie and Maltese that my wife brought home from a trip to New Mexico (no more traveling without me)! She's cute and loving but a handful. Fortunately, they all get along great.

Meet Sophie:


And Layla (in her favorite sleeping position):
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/IMAG0670.jpg.html]

As far as a picture of me in my new, cool jacket and helmet...I'll see what I can do. I feel a little silly posing for a photo but if I ride through the 94 on a weekend morning, there's usually a professional photographer posted at one of the corners who captures riders as they pass. Hopefully, I can time it right and ride by when he's there. I've got a few photos from him when I was on my VFR. Here's one:

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/DSC9436-X2-1.jpg.html]
 
Well, how else are we going to see what the jacket and helmet look like? Maybe others will see you all dressed up and go, yea! I like that look. Going to get me an MG replica jacket and lid! Keep the face shield closed if you don't want your mug showing. Oh don't forget your gloves too. Didn't you get some cool retro gloves?

I might have spotted my next helmet in Offroads grandson pic. I liked the look of that one.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Well, how else are we going to see what the jacket and helmet look like? Maybe others will see you all dressed up and go, yea! I like that look. Going to get me an MG replica jacket and lid! Keep the face shield closed if you don't want your mug showing. Oh don't forget your gloves too. Didn't you get some cool retro gloves?

I might have spotted my next helmet in Offroads grandson pic. I liked the look of that one.
A closed face shield is necessary for the public's protection. I understand there are women and children who lurk on this site. No need to cause unnecessary fright or distress.

Gloves and boots are still on the list of things to get. I've got my eye on the Lee Parks deer skin gloves and have narrowed down my next pair of boots to either the REV'IT Ginza or the TCX X-blend. I'm leaning towards the X-blend.

Lee Parks gloves:

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Lee%20Parks%20Deer%20Skin%202.jpg.html]
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Lee%20Parks%20Deer%20Skin%203.jpg.html]

TCX boots:
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/TCX%20Boots.jpg.html]

REV'IT Ginza boots:
[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/Revit%20Ginza.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top