New Hondas

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My local dealer informed me today that Honda will introduce 3 new models they are releasing in the USA tomorrow. He may have meant Monday but he said tomorrow.
 
My (German) dealer told me that Honda will issue a successor of the "Africa Twin"; let's see if it is true. This "Africa Twin 2.0" is long awaited.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
My (German) dealer told me that Honda will issue a successor of the "Africa Twin"; let's see if it is true. This "Africa Twin 2.0" is long awaited.
I gave up on hope that Honda would ever bring the Trans Alp back to the states, so I bought myself a 2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650.
 
The Transalp is not available in the US?
In Germany, the Transalp was delisted from the Honda product range last year. :(
1100rider_imp said:
My local dealer informed me today that Honda will introduce 3 new models they are releasing in the USA tomorrow. He may have meant Monday but he said tomorrow.
...and there are rumours about "Honda CB 1100 EX" which looks even more like the classic predecessors (e.g. CB 750 Four) with 6 gear box, spoke wheels, 2 l bigger fuel tank, redesigned seat (more classical look) and new (more 70s) colors.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
The Transalp is not available in the US?
In Germany, the Transalp was delisted from the Honda product range last year. :(
1100rider_imp said:
My local dealer informed me today that Honda will introduce 3 new models they are releasing in the USA tomorrow. He may have meant Monday but he said tomorrow.
...and there are rumours about "Honda CB 1100 EX" which looks even more like the classic predecessors (e.g. CB 750 Four) with 6 gear box, spoke wheels, 2 l bigger fuel tank, redesigned seat (more classical look) and new (more 70s) colors.

They'd better not!
 
The ferret_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
The Transalp is not available in the US?
In Germany, the Transalp was delisted from the Honda product range last year. :(
1100rider_imp said:
My local dealer informed me today that Honda will introduce 3 new models they are releasing in the USA tomorrow. He may have meant Monday but he said tomorrow.
...and there are rumours about "Honda CB 1100 EX" which looks even more like the classic predecessors (e.g. CB 750 Four) with 6 gear box, spoke wheels, 2 l bigger fuel tank, redesigned seat (more classical look) and new (more 70s) colors.

They'd better not!

They'd better not!
Yikes! (for sale: 2013 CB1100 :huh:)
 
ingobohn_imp said:
The Transalp is not available in the US?
In Germany, the Transalp was delisted from the Honda product range last year. :(
1100rider_imp said:
My local dealer informed me today that Honda will introduce 3 new models they are releasing in the USA tomorrow. He may have meant Monday but he said tomorrow.
...and there are rumours about "Honda CB 1100 EX" which looks even more like the classic predecessors (e.g. CB 750 Four) with 6 gear box, spoke wheels, 2 l bigger fuel tank, redesigned seat (more classical look) and new (more 70s) colors.
Yes! A six speed and a bigger tank, those are two of the three items on my CB1100 wish list (the other is a silver engine: the bikes that the CB1100 was styled to evoke had silver engines, and the fins and detailed casting on the modern CB1100 are more easily visible on a silver engine).

Given this possibility, next weekend I may have to run down to my dealer and put my name on the pre-purchase list!
 
Well, if that's it, there's not enough difference to make me change. Spoke wheels? I don't care about. The seat? I can get aftermarket if I wanted (a used one just came up for sale in the classifieds). the trans doesn't bother me being a 5 speed. The paint? I like my red paint...it's beautiful! Would like the 2 liters extra of gas though.

Whew, I'm safe! lol
 
If honda does pull the trigger on making this version than it just makes our family bigger.. all good things to come for the cb1100 :)
 
lola_imp said:
If honda does pull the trigger on making this version than it just makes our family bigger.. all good things to come for the cb1100 :)
Yep... we will be welcoming new brothers and sisters
 
The addition of a variant of the CB1100 would seem to indicate that Honda won't abandon this platform any time soon.

That's good news for all of us.

Now, build me a modern CBX. :D
 
Yes, if the "CB 1100 family" grows, it is a good sign.

But to be honest, at first glance the CB 1100 EX (if to come) seems interesting - but what I like at the CB 1100 is that it is a classic bike but not a retro bike! It is not a T100 or even a W800, which are retro but not classic. Although these bikes look nice, I like that the CB 1100 is simple, clear and straight but still up-to-date and not retro-baroque (like T100, W800). I test rode these too (and others), and my decision for the CB 1100 was based on that "non-retro style".
Although the CB 750 Four is a nice and classic bike, it would be retro to re-born it with a CB 1100 EX which looks like that and tries to imitate the "good old times".

And nonetheless, do you think you get the CB 1100 EX just for +100 USD? I do not think so. I assume that it would be priced (in Europe) min. +1500 EUR above the regular CB 1100. And then your are in a price region of nearly 13.000 (with tax and delivery) which is a bit ... hm ... ambitious for such a bike.
 
I'm with you, Ferret! The only thing on the list that I found appealing was the extra 1/2 gallon in the tank (and the 70s paint scheme looks interesting). Assuming this version hits the dealer floor I could buy a tank and matching side covers for a lot less than buying a new bike.
 
2 liters is only 1/2 gallon??? Dang, that's hardly worth it. I thought it was like 2 gallons! Dang metric system.
 
It sounds like it may be good news for me. I haven't bought mine yet. I'm still waiting to see if there will be a black one to match my sidecar. My sidecar has a spoked wheel so that could work out in my favor as well. The larger tank would be nice because sidecars suck more gas. I also hope that if it's a little more retro, the foot controls will be more like the CB750 (probably not, though). I can still remember the days when all bikes were "user friendly".
 
I certainly would buy another CB1100 2014 if it came with a silver engine.
All the early 4 cylinder Honda,s had silver engines and to ME they look so much nicer.
I do not care about a 6 speed box or the spoked wheels but would like a bigger gas tank.
Honda would do well to bring the 2014 model out with a silver engine to make a big enough difference for people to buy one (or their second one )
It should not be a problem as they already have them in many other countries.
The more I ride my Cb1100 the more I love this bike,it is so easy to ride .
 
Houtman_imp said:
I certainly would buy another CB1100 2014 if it came with a silver engine.
All the early 4 cylinder Honda,s had silver engines and to ME they look so much nicer.
I do not care about a 6 speed box or the spoked wheels but would like a bigger gas tank.
Honda would do well to bring the 2014 model out with a silver engine to make a big enough difference for people to buy one (or their second one )
It should not be a problem as they already have them in many other countries.
The more I ride my Cb1100 the more I love this bike,it is so easy to ride .
Is the CB 1100 only available with black engine in the U.S.? Here in Europe it's the other way round: Only available with silver engines...

Quote:I do not care about a 6 speed box Before I test rode the CB 1100 I worried about why the bike has only 5 gears and not 6. After riding it, I was sure it is not necessary (plenty of torque) - but still sometimes on the Autobahn it would be nice to have a sixth gear just to bring down noise, rotation of the engine and fuel consumption.

Quote:or the spoked wheels It depends... on the price. I only found some spoke wheels from third parties which cost roughly 2000 EUR, which is too much for me.

Quote: but would like a bigger gas tank. Yes, that's the only complaint I have with the CB 1100. Due to its fuel consumption, the 15 L gas tank is a bit small.

Quote:The more I ride my Cb1100 the more I love this bike,it is so easy to ride . Mee too! :)

[1] The other little complaint is to ride with my wife for more than 1 day. Then the possibilities to store the baggage are limited - if you do not like to deface the "clean" bike with plastic side boxes or rear boxes. :(
 
Back
Top