Dynaguy_imp
First service completed
I'll be very surprised to see this bike actually introduced. Internet gossip, nothing more.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Unfortunately, you are probably right.Dynaguy_imp said:I'll be very surprised to see this bike actually introduced. Internet gossip, nothing more.
The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.thumper_imp said:We're not getting the VFR800F, or the ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP.
The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.AzBob_imp said:The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.thumper_imp said:We're not getting the VFR800F, or the ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP.
All what I hear (I have lots of colleagues and friends riding a BMW) and read on the Internet is that BMW has some quality issues ... sometimes. Sometimes things get fixed free of charge (gesture of goodwill), but "good service, good coffee" is not what I want. I want a good bike. E.g. google for "Honda Transalp" (this is the bike I had before my CB 1100) and "BMW F800GS" and look for typical failures and typical weaknesses. You will find a lot for BMW (e.g. engine, gear box) but nearly none for the Transalp (and then it is something simple like the spark plug).The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.Buffalohead_imp said:The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.AzBob_imp said:The VFR800 I understand; it hasn't been sold here in a while. But no ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP surprised me. As did the lack of a redone ST1300. *cry* I'm going to end up buying a used BMW K1600GT if Honda doesn't do something soon.thumper_imp said:We're not getting the VFR800F, or the ABS version of the CBR1000RR SP.
Are you considering the BMW because of the ABS? If so, BMW's reliability downfall may be due to their ABS. My best friend had immense trouble with his BMW ABS. He could have been killed. His brake pump couldn't be rebuilt and a new one was $2400 (discount). Another friend took his BMW to a dealer to have the ABS flushed but they refused to do it because they were afraid it would crap out while in their shop and they didn't want the responsibility. FWIW, Consumer Reports data placed BMW below HD on reliability. The Japanese bikes blow them both away. I wish I could say this is just my opinion but it's not.

It was stated that the VFR800 is NOT coming to the U.S.The Spaceman_imp said:A reworked VFR800 was introduced at EMCIA last week. No word if it will be imported here.
As for the EX, I hate spoke wheels. Nothing but extra work IMO. The seat and tank are non-issues on my bike. 160 miles and I have to bust a whizz even if the other tank is dry. Stitched seats usually need rain covers and don't last as long.

This is no official special edition as you are implying, it's just a customized CB1100 by a Honda dealer in Italy.yetanotherGerman_imp said:Here we are, the 2014 European CB 1100 special edition as shown in Milan, Italy this week:
![]()
Pic was taken by a friend who allows me to share it.
Actually, too "retro" for me, I prefer my "straight" red CB 1100.![]()