New Honda Video

Hondahawkrider_imp said:
supposedly the big reveal is the new Goldwing... Not so much that there would be a naked version, tho that would be cool.. I just doubt it as it's space agey looking these days... Not to mention that Valkyrie's and Rune's didn't have staying power..

The big reveal from the Goldwing is supposedly all new front end that Honda hopes to translate to other bikes... From the patent leaks - it's supposed to look something like this:

2fa16e9e294c7b27815c4d89d304134c.jpg
Thanks for posting this, if nothing more than to discuss this more.

Its not the same as the BMW design (I have one), but it does share some aspects. Most notably an A-arm that the shock would work through. The BMW has what looks like traditional forks, but in the Honda design (as shown) they have a linkage set up.

I'm sure the front end squatting under brake loading is gone like the BMW design. It probably steers with great precision, but looks like it would be more expensive to manufacture(?).

I like manufactures that probe or push the envelope...

Jerry
 
Beautiful video!

I do know of some things that lie beyond. I'm thinking my propensity for wearing open-faced helmets like those in this video will re-introduce me to the solid hit in the face of a hard shelled bug or the gooey-yellow inner workings of her less hardier mates, the stings of even a gentle shower and, at some point, on-the-road, inner growlings accompanying a sense of paper & privacy panic that comes with the realization my body never really bonded with that last, roadside meal.
 
Wow where did those photos come from? Very nice.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wow where did those photos come from? Very nice.
Started floating around yesterday. Some people think they're a concept but i think theyre the real deal. Apparently the leaker got a stern talking to from honda americas prez

Check the goldwing forums. Guess i will be saving the next 3 years to get one lol ;)


GL1800Riders Forums
 
adjustable windshield ala ST 1300
 
Guess we can expect a new Goldwing.
 
Check out their website. Some exciting, and expensive, things are coming our way in the world of motorcycling touring. I had a 1999 GL1500, and a 2001 GL1800, 2 of the best bikes I ever owned. Would love to own one of these new ones . . . but can't imagine when I will ever have the cash to do so. My daughter's college fund, paying off the mortgage, and saving for retirement, are all ahead of it on the list of priorities.

Maybe a used one in 5 or 10 years! :)
 
The base model is almost the same price as my new CR-V lol.

I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on a second motorcycle (not getting rid of the CBS).
 
Back
Top