NEW HELMET

There is always an upside.

Had a birthday yesterday whist England is in complete covid lock down. The puds are closed, the restaurants are closed, hotels are closed, theatres are closed, football & rugby played behind closed doors... so clearly my significant other had no opportunity to organise a party or plan a weekend break in the West End.

Not to worry.

Fortunately she found me looking for a new helmet a few weeks ago and low & behold, presented me with this yesterday, a perfect match for my Steve McQueen Belstaff S Icon Racing Jacket.

Yup, she's a keeper.
It's a Bell Bullitt Carbon in Transcend red.
 
Thread starter
If I knew it yesterday, I would come over...anyhow, happy birthday 9m and this is a very nice/classic helmet :thumbsup:
:beerchug:
 
What a lovely birthday present. Happy birthday for yesterday ninemeister.
 
Happy Belated Birthday 9. Thoughtful wife.
 
That all looks great 9.

Happy Birthday!

I have a 3/4 Barbour riding jacket and I love it. I wear it not just for riding.

Dang "puds".

Cheers!
 
peterbaron_imp said:
If I knew it yesterday, I would come over...anyhow, happy birthday 9m and this is a very nice/classic helmet :thumbsup:
:beerchug:
Thank you, and thank you!
pdedse_imp said:
Nice lookin' lid...happy b-day!
Cheers! :beerchug:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Wow, that's a pretty helmet!
Glad you like it. I've been looking at the Bullitt for a while as I have an open face Bell Jet that I use for my daily town commute but it's a little cold for the winter. Saw this one and that was me done.
Cormanus_imp said:
What a lovely birthday present. Happy birthday for yesterday ninemeister.
Cheers, Cormanus, much appreciated. :beerchug:
The ferret_imp said:
Happy Belated Birthday 9. Thoughtful wife.
Why thank you, Ferret. :beerchug:

Yes, she is and I'm very grateful for it!
GoldOxide_imp said:
That all looks great 9.

Happy Birthday!

I have a 3/4 Barbour riding jacket and I love it. I wear it not just for riding.

Dang "puds".

Cheers!
Thank you!

Whilst I like the style of a Belstaff, their new range quality wise is not a patch on the originals, I've worn out two wearing them everyday. Was offered the Steve Mc as part of a deal from a mate, think I got the better side of the deal.

:beerchug:
 
Finally rotated out the last embarrassingly outdated helmet in my fleet and replaced with this Black Friday special, a Scorpion T510. I figured I should have something on my head that is hi-viz for the days when I'm commuting with a dark colored jacket.

Funny thing is, I've always worn size XL Scorpions. I ordered this one in XL, but they sent me an XXL. It's very comfortable, and I didn't notice until I looked at the tag. Makes me think that this one runs small, and that an XL would have been too tight. How did they know?...

Going with my theme of racing liveries on helmets, I've got some black reflective tape that I'll use to put a few stripes on it, then think of a yellow/black racing team... AGIP maybe?

That scooped shape chin will present a challenge for a GoPro mount. I'll have to break out the JB Weld and so some more Redneck 3D modelling. That will be a fun Saturday project.
 
Back
Top