cessnet_imp
First service completed
I bought the sedici from cycle gear, embedded for Bluetooth music and never tried to intercom with another rider, it’s pretty confusing to reach up and talk with other riders I’m guessing....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Sorry PB, mine is an RPHA 90S (modular) and according to your link (RPHA 70) it has the same slider control to lower the sunshade and center control mechanism to open the visor.peterbaron_imp said:Had to resurrect this thread due to purchase approaching, and would like to know if someone has THIS particular helmet.
Mostly, I am concerned about:
sun shade sliding mechanism and shield's front lock....both seem to be very delicate and hard to operate with glove on.
HJC RPHA 70 ST VIAS Helmet
Thanks to all who responded to this topic.
P.S. Already went through online reviews.
So dubs you plan on riding again?PowerDubs_imp said:I need a new helmet since my Shoei Qwest sacrificed itself for my sake. I was bummed to see they discontinued it as I had no issue with it whatsoever.
I also have the unfortunate habit of reading everything I can, about everything in my life and trying to make the best choices. It is exhausting.
In addition to reading and watching reviews, Sharp tests, etc- I use Lidpicker.com system of telling me if the helmet will fit correctly and be comfortable.
The Qwest was ideal on every aspect- and well rated from Sharp for safety.
The only 3 helmets now that Lidpicker shows will fit me well are the Neotec II- but Sharp shows it pops open in a large amount of crashes, the Rpha 70 ST- but the side impact is unsafe- and several of the Arai..but for some reason I didn't like those when I was reading...I forget.
So...I'm going to keep looking.
FWIW...+1 on the Neotec 2. I must have a Shoei head shape as they've always fit me better than Schuberths and others. I was skeptical on the modulars for years and acknowledge the one review that highlights some concerns with the Neotec 2 opening on impact. But, as 2017EX points out--the convenience factor and overall features/performance of the Neotec 2 has me ordering another one soon. I run 2 helmets simultaneously--one hardwired for the Autocom system on the BMW and the other configured with a Sena 30K for riding with my buddies or on the other bikes. The Neotec 2 works great for both, just in case you ever opt to add the audio sources.2017EX_imp said:I dont know how you feel about modulars, but I just got a Shoei Neotec 2 a couple of months back. Very high quality, but pricey. Although I have no use for it, it has the built in spaces for a dedicated Sena system...sounds like you arent interested in that either.
Supposedly it is quieter than the comparable Schuberth. I always wear ear plugs ( Earpeace brand ), so I really cant say it is noisier or quieter than any other full face or modular. I do like being able to open the chin bar to get air on my face, and the Neotec 2 has an extra semi locking detent to allow riding with the chin bar open ( which I would never do ). That said, there is good air flow through the helmet top vent, and the vent on the chin bar. All stainless steel dual chin bar locks, internal adjustable sun visor, and now there is a stainless micro ratchet chinstrap latch, instead of D rings. That ratchet is easy to insert, or release with gloves on.
Head shape fit is neutral oval. Comes with a pin lock anti fog clear insert as well. I wear a size Large, and the standard cheek pads ( 35 mm ) squeezed my face too much, so I replaced them with 31 mm pads. Stopping for gas, or talking to people with the chin bar open is much more convenient for me than taking the helmet off.
The ferret_imp said:So dubs you plan on riding again?PowerDubs_imp said:I need a new helmet since my Shoei Qwest sacrificed itself for my sake. I was bummed to see they discontinued it as I had no issue with it whatsoever.
I also have the unfortunate habit of reading everything I can, about everything in my life and trying to make the best choices. It is exhausting.
In addition to reading and watching reviews, Sharp tests, etc- I use Lidpicker.com system of telling me if the helmet will fit correctly and be comfortable.
The Qwest was ideal on every aspect- and well rated from Sharp for safety.
The only 3 helmets now that Lidpicker shows will fit me well are the Neotec II- but Sharp shows it pops open in a large amount of crashes, the Rpha 70 ST- but the side impact is unsafe- and several of the Arai..but for some reason I didn't like those when I was reading...I forget.
So...I'm going to keep looking.



