NEW HELMET

KiowaEagle_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I accept that some helmets are noisier than others, but none is quiet enough to mean you don’t need to wear earplugs. That being the case, I don’t understand why noise is really an issue.

Loud helmets are louder than quiet helmets while wearing earplugs as well.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Shoei- shaped head, although I’ve enjoyed an Arai helmet or two. My current full face is a Shoei X14, and it is comfortable and of high quality. I particularly love the Transitions visor, which darkens and lightens per conditions, and has superb optical quality.

I have a Schubert’s C3 modular, quiet and solid, but after an hour plus, the pressure point on the forehead gets me. I’m about to buy an AGV Sport Modular or a KLIM 1200 modular, both seem to fit my specs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.

The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I accept that some helmets are noisier than others, but none is quiet enough to mean you don’t need to wear earplugs. That being the case, I don’t understand why noise is really an issue.

Loud helmets are louder than quiet helmets while wearing earplugs as well.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Shoei- shaped head, although I’ve enjoyed an Arai helmet or two. My current full face is a Shoei X14, and it is comfortable and of high quality. I particularly love the Transitions visor, which darkens and lightens per conditions, and has superb optical quality.

I have a Schubert’s C3 modular, quiet and solid, but after an hour plus, the pressure point on the forehead gets me. I’m about to buy an AGV Sport Modular or a KLIM 1200 modular, both seem to fit my specs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.

The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Capo, need some more feedback about transition shield
...so if I buy Shoei x14 will it come with the transition shield or I will have to pay extra for it and it fits Shoei x14, or some other Shoei as well, correct??
Said that, does your helmet has one clear and one 2nd transition shield behind each other, or ONE transition shield ONLY???, send pics, please.
Shoei is my favorite helmet:)

:thanks:
 
I bought a transition pinlok insert for my shoei qwest visor.

They don’t sell it in the U.S.- had to have it shipped from overseas.

Love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I bought a transition pinlok insert for my shoei qwest visor.

They don’t sell it in the U.S.- had to have it shipped from overseas.

Love it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they have transition shield available in Canada...waiting for replay from Capo and then, I will send request o Shoei Canada.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I accept that some helmets are noisier than others, but none is quiet enough to mean you don’t need to wear earplugs. That being the case, I don’t understand why noise is really an issue.

Loud helmets are louder than quiet helmets while wearing earplugs as well.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Shoei- shaped head, although I’ve enjoyed an Arai helmet or two. My current full face is a Shoei X14, and it is comfortable and of high quality. I particularly love the Transitions visor, which darkens and lightens per conditions, and has superb optical quality.

I have a Schubert’s C3 modular, quiet and solid, but after an hour plus, the pressure point on the forehead gets me. I’m about to buy an AGV Sport Modular or a KLIM 1200 modular, both seem to fit my specs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.
Is the transitions shield worth the price? It’s almost three times the cost of a standard shield. I wear prescription glasses and have both regular and sunglasses but carrying the extra pair and changing between them can be a pain on a bike. Considering the transitions shield but $170 is tough to justify.

The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Capo, need some more feedback about transition shield
...so if I buy Shoei x14 will it come with the transition shield or I will have to pay extra for it and it fits Shoei x14, or some other Shoei as well, correct??
Said that, does your helmet has one clear and one 2nd transition shield behind each other, or ONE transition shield ONLY???, send pics, please.
Shoei is my favorite helmet:)

:thanks:
The transitions shield is fantastic. If it were available for every helmet, I’d buy it every time. Optics and functionality top notch, especially for an eyeglass wearer like me. Worth it.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Capo, need some more feedback about transition shield
...so if I buy Shoei x14 will it come with the transition shield or I will have to pay extra for it and it fits Shoei x14, or some other Shoei as well, correct??
Said that, does your helmet has one clear and one 2nd transition shield behind each other, or ONE transition shield ONLY???, send pics, please.
Shoei is my favorite helmet:)

:thanks:

Transitions is extra cost, and worth every penny. Bell has a line of helmets that come with the transition shield.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If I can get an actual qwest transition shield instead of just the pinlok insert- point me in the right direction.
06a74d0183e12bf2069f392467ed1c51.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It doesn’t show it for the Qwest though. Neither does the Shoei site for North America.
 
Maybe it's not available for the Qwest?
 
I went ahead and ordered one for my RF1200 on Amazon Prime for $146, a little less painful. I read the reviews on there and they were mainly positive although a few did complain that it wouldn’t get as dark after a period of time.

Thank you Capo, PowerDubs, Roper and Houtman for your input!
 
Like a previous poster, I just bought a Shoei GT-Air about 10 days ago. This time around I wanted a slide down internal sun shield in a full face helmet that was not a flip-up modular. I have worn a Shoei RF-1100 for the last several years, but did not go with the newer RF-1200 because I wanted the sun shield. I have a huge head so even the XXL size helmet cheek pads (sz.31--as thin as they come) grip me very snugly, so hopefully they will break in some. The general fit of the helmet is much more close and snug than my RF-1100, but I think there is a move in that direction in some newer top end helmets. I tried a couple of Arai helmets because I had one years ago, and with the current Arai fit I was barely able to get the thing off. The helmet guy at shop told me that is the way they have moved with the fit. I am getting used to the new GT-Air. I removed the pop-in ear pads so my ears are not pressed as tight, and the small increase in noise doesn't matter since I almost always wear ear plugs. For me, it always takes a while to adapt to a new helmet, both because it must break in and also to get used to the new features and the amount of air it flows through the various vents. The internal sun shield is amazing though.
 
apex1_imp said:
Like a previous poster, I just bought a Shoei GT-Air about 10 days ago. This time around I wanted a slide down internal sun shield in a full face helmet that was not a flip-up modular. I have worn a Shoei RF-1100 for the last several years, but did not go with the newer RF-1200 because I wanted the sun shield. I have a huge head so even the XXL size helmet cheek pads (sz.31--as thin as they come) grip me very snugly, so hopefully they will break in some. The general fit of the helmet is much more close and snug than my RF-1100, but I think there is a move in that direction in some newer top end helmets. I tried a couple of Arai helmets because I had one years ago, and with the current Arai fit I was barely able to get the thing off. The helmet guy at shop told me that is the way they have moved with the fit. I am getting used to the new GT-Air. I removed the pop-in ear pads so my ears are not pressed as tight, and the small increase in noise doesn't matter since I almost always wear ear plugs. For me, it always takes a while to adapt to a new helmet, both because it must break in and also to get used to the new features and the amount of air it flows through the various vents. The internal sun shield is amazing though.
My Shoei 1200 was tight when I bought it. They said it would break in. Nope! After a year I bought the thinner check pads rather than leave an expensive helmet in its box. Better, but still snug. As I was told by a friend, "You can't chew gum in a Shoei."

I read that Shoei the cheek pads can be slimmed by piling books on them.
 
Piling books on them? But then how do you get your head in the helmet? :P
 
It's funny because we have different shaped heads, some helmets are comfortable and some are not. In the last 15 years I can go in and try on Arai, Shoei, Bell, Shark, Scorpion, Schuberth and HJC. I always come home with the HJC. Comfortable from the instant I stick it on my head. It's like pull it on and ahhhhhhh. The worst for me is the Schuberth..can't stand one for 30 seconds, unworldly uncomfortable. Next would be the Bell, they make it about one minute on my head. I loved Bells back in the 70's, also Shoei's. Not the same today. My younger brother loves his Shoei Quest though.
 
You can't lump a brand like people often do- a bell head, a shoei head, etc- there are variances between the models. I had good luck with lidpicker.com as they measure more specific shape of the helmets and match em to your head.
 
Ferret, I love my Quest too, but it looks like the Quest is no more. Replaced by the RF-SR (RFD in Europe, maybe all overseas, IDK).

And just when I was about to get another Quest. Oh well, maybe a GT-AIR as the RF-SR doesn’t come in the color I want.
 
Back
Top