New Goldwings arrived

The ferret_imp said:
Yea I know. I had a kidney stone last year. Only one I've ever had. Are the two related? I don't know. I should drink more water, and I do try, ordering it with dinner when we go out, sipping it out of a bottle here at home, but I don't care for water and there is no way I can drink all they want you to drink.

My tea has water in it, every drop lol

Stuck between a rock and a kidney stone
One! You are very lucky, as long as it passed easily.

Never had kidney stone problems until I had my gall bladder removed.

Went for my second stone smashing procedure last month. Monday I had a post op visit with the Urologist. He mentioned that I have a high uric acid level that is causing the kidney stones, and it can be treated with a prescription. But he didn't write me a prescription. Instead he said the hospital will be calling me. Oh, oh. Not again. :(

I am glad this all happening in the winter. I would not want to lose any of my riding season, as summers here are short. Now where did I put those hydromorphone tablets. :huh:
 
I love water. In fact I drink nothing but water and coffee (3 cups a day). No alcohol, no juice, no milk, nothing.

I have a fancy fridge with the water and ice dispensers, I always have a large glass a ice sitting on the counter.

Hmm, I'm thirsty.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
For me, Dr's orders: 64oz/day. I don't mind drinking it but I'm up all night peeing.
Good night that's eight 8 ounce glasses a day. No way I could drink that much plain water
 
Hey, Ferret, how about if you carbonate the water? I find that a more interesting drink than plain water.
 
I find that the thread on Gold Wings morphing into a treatise on urology and kidney stones to be quite indicative of the Gold Wing target demographic!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Capo_imp said:
I find that the thread on Gold Wings morphing into a treatise on urology and kidney stones to be quite indicative of the Gold Wing target demographic!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing before posting, but didn't hit the delete button. :rolleyes:

With the continued fall in motorcycle sales, the manufacturers are all targeting retired riders with new retro styled motorcycles. Something Triumph have been doing successfully for years with their Bonneville line. If you find a retro motorcycle appealing, you are probably a senior citizen.
 
I stopped in at my dealer to order a few things for my ST1300 and they had 2 new Wings on the floor. A red DCT tour model ( I guess it’s called that. Had airbags and everything) and a blue clutch model. I don’t know what you call it. No airbag but has a top box.

I sat on the blue one and instantly thought “ this thing is me!”. The parts manager is a salesman too so he showed me a bunch of features, but I’m not buying one. The ST is paid for and has almost no miles on it. Sorry Ferret, I just don’t ride as much as you...

It didn’t seem big to me. Seemed like it was ST size without the big tank. He did start it (in the store no less) so I got to hear it for a few seconds. If I didn’t have a road bike I might be in the market for it. Has most of the features my car has!
 
Price me your no miles ST cheap enough and we can put you right on that wing you won't ride much lol ( btw did you install the cruise control yet? I'd kinda like to have that... And the gear indicator, and heated grips if you don't already have them.)
 
Hi Ferret and Popgun,
Does THIS mean that both of you are getting rid of your CBs:huh:
...and should I start looking for different CB Forum....Cormanus, we need your help if this is so true..
lol...you getting me so nervous:s

:dodgy:

pb
 
Oh no!! I am not getting rid of my CB. No way. I love that bike.

But I do have a ST1300 for road trips. If not I would be looking at the new Goldwing or FJR or K1600 real hard.
 
Heck no I'm not getting rid of my CB, I love that bike.

But I do have an ST 1300 for road trips that's getting old and has a lot of miles on it, and will be suplemented by another newer sport tourer to fulfill my long distance wunderlust.
 
I just now got around to riding a new Wing. The first few were sold immediately, so I was only about to putt around the parking lot. Rode it the 17 miles home probably did 25-30 miles on my extended ride back to work. This is on the DCT Tour model.

That engine is as good as ever. Cycle World dynoed it and it makes peak torque at just 1210 RPM! Feels like a turbo diesel on steroids! With the 7 speed DCT, it rips through the gears. Traction control kept cutting in all the way up to 50 mph, on dry pavement!

The DCT is so well matched to the engine. I already own a DCT Africa Twin, so I am a believer in tge technology. This latest gen trans is just so freaking sweet. There is not doubt I would get a DCT Wing.

The front suspension is very well executed. I am impressed that the front end still communicates through the bars without feeling any bump steer. I figured with the steering axis being separated from the fork, it would be numb. It is not.

It handles like a sport tourer rather than loaded tourer. Brakes are excellent. Wind protection was great for me. Ergos felt spot on for my 6'1" frame.

Honda has a winner here.
 
Need to sell the Griso. Need to noodle out how much this will cost. It's already about $10K more than my line in the sand for a hobby bike.

But oh man........... :D
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Very cool indeed. I'm stunned your dealer has them marked down from MSRP. I'd have expected the opposite. I'll need to go take a look this weekend.
I think Sloans marked them down also from MSRP. That is amazing. Wot?

Maybe I need one. I could talk myself into one this winter. Does anyone think a new Gold Wing F6B will be coming out? I don't need the back case. "not even".
 
Resurrecting an old thread.

The 2019 riding season will be over in another 6-8 weeks out here yet just today I spotted my first "new" Gold Wing on the road. Are these bikes even selling? I totally forgot about them.
 
Back
Top