New Dart Flyscreen arrived

Good for you Papa Weeley. Steve at DART told me he was waiting for a new supply of brackets for the 2014 CB1100 and would let me know as soon as they are available, I'll place my order for my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe when they are. This is the last Mod (for now) on my list of Mods.

TINK
Did you get the standard tint or dark tint?
 
Papa W, did the screen not come with the new brackets? I thought I read somewhere here that they were available now. (??)
 
Thread starter
TINK, I got the dark tint. It seemed to blend in to the bike better on my bike with black instrument cups, at least to my eye.

Rocky, I couldn't tell you if they're new or old, but my bike is a '13 - I thought the problem was only with the '14s?
 
I needed the new brackets for my '13 due to chrome covers on my instruments to gain enough clearance. It was also easy to modify the originals...
 
Rocky,

Just last week I asked Steve at DART about the new brackets, I have a 2014 Deluxe. Steve said he was waiting for the first batch of newly designed brackets and expects them by the end of the month. Steve said he would let me know when they are in.

TINK

Rocky_imp said:
Papa W, did the screen not come with the new brackets? I thought I read somewhere here that they were available now. (??)
 
TINK_imp said:
Rocky,

Just last week I asked Steve at DART about the new brackets, I have a 2014 Deluxe. Steve said he was waiting for the first batch of newly designed brackets and expects them by the end of the month. Steve said he would let me know when they are in.

TINK

Rocky_imp said:
Papa W, did the screen not come with the new brackets? I thought I read somewhere here that they were available now. (??)
Thanks for the update :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm now thinking about a Dart screen too so that's good info to know.
I'll watch for another update.
 
Thread starter
Well, it went on easy as pie, lined up perfectly with no adjustments on my part, and seems very solid, with no interference with any body parts. Haven't ridden it yet, but it LOOKS great. I really much prefer the "naked" look on this bike, so even though I wanted some wind protection, I was fairly apprehensive about messing up the bike's looks with even a small fairing. I have to say that the dark tint model blends in really well on a '13:


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/f5c0325a-0ba3-458a-b886-b80051175d51_zps23f8d10a.jpg.html]
 
It does, but most seem to like them.
 
Good looking bike Papa. Side covers, seat and dart screen all look good.
 
Thread starter
Thank you, Sir Ferret!

I was hoping to do a "ride review" today on its performance, but unfortunately the freeway was too much of a mess last night to even consider.
I did get a couple of 50 and 60mph runs on some side streets, however, so I'm going to comment based on those speeds:
Surprisingly, this little fairing does help. Some. Your head/helmet is still in the wind. But it seems to, I don't know..."calm" the air around your torso. It's not like sitting behind, say a full Vetter fairing by any means, but you feel almost no buffeting below your helmet. There's just enough air to assist in holding you up a bit, off your wrists, but let's call it a very gentle breeze...I can see how this could actually help with the fatigue of fighting the air on a longer ride. I would probably prefer some REAL coverage if I was touring long distance, but there really is a discernible effect provided by this little flyscreen. For my mostly canyon and country road riding these days, this really does fit the bill - happy customer here!
 
Back
Top