New bike questions

Light_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello all. New here. I’ve been hunting for a used 2013 CB1100 in Colorado, and I’m excited to get one soon. I love the classic body and inline 4 engine. However, I do plan on modifying it a bit to give it more of that old school UJM look. The Whitehouse K-10 kit looks sweet, but a bit pricey for me. So, I had a couple of questions for you all. One, has anyone seen any pics of the Whitehouse K-10 tank with the standard seat (or the Deluxe seat)? Most of the picks I have seen of bikes with the K-10 tank are with the retro seat added. I’m not sure if it would look right with the standard, but would like to see an example. Also, does anyone know if the 2014 Deluxe seat would fit the 2013 standard CB1100? The 2014 Deluxe seat is a little more to my liking than the standard 13, but not sure if it would fit the standard 13. Lastly, anyone who has ordered parts from Samurider to the US, how is customs? Is it expensive (never ordered anything large from overseas)? Thanks!
 
To answer your questions, I have no experience in using the 14 dlx seat on a 13 but if you want a more retro looking seat than the 13, Samurider has a Tiros seat that is (in my opinion) more retro looking than the 14 dlx seat. Dealing with Samurider is very easy and I have never had any problems with customs. I have ordered twice from Samurider and my packages arrived within a few days after shipping.

Also, Mr. T at Samurider is very helpful as he responds quickly to emails. Good luck with your new-to-you CB1100.
 
His stuff FLIES through customs in my experience. I had both of my orders in 4 days from that date of shipment.
At least one person has put the DLX seat on a 13 with no real issues, but what I don't know is if the stock seats will clear the Whitehouse tank as it's a different shape and there could be clearance issues with it.

ACK? What say Ye?
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
His stuff FLIES through customs in my experience. I had both of my orders in 4 days from that date of shipment.
At least one person has put the DLX seat on a 13 with no real issues, but what I don't know is if the stock seats will clear the Whitehouse tank as it's a different shape and there could be clearance issues with it.

ACK? What say Ye?

Thanks! Takashi told me via email the seat would fit, but that it would "touch" the tank. However, I'd like to see a pic of the tank with the standard seat, or the deluxe seat, can't seem to find one... May be that they don't look good together.
 
I have ordered several items from Samurider and the customer service is great. The process is easy, ask for a quote, they email very quickly. If you like the price use your credit card and you won't wait for long to receive your items. My rear rack was ordered on December 26th and arrived on the 29th.
 
Thread starter
808_rider_imp said:
To answer your questions, I have no experience in using the 14 dlx seat on a 13 but if you want a more retro looking seat than the 13, Samurider has a Tiros seat that is (in my opinion) more retro looking than the 14 dlx seat. Dealing with Samurider is very easy and I have never had any problems with customs. I have ordered twice from Samurider and my packages arrived within a few days after shipping.

Also, Mr. T at Samurider is very helpful as he responds quickly to emails. Good luck with your new-to-you CB1100.
Thanks. Just looked up the Tiros, looks nice with the tank. I'll have to save up a bit, or add parts in stages. Still wondering if K-10 tank (and maybe side panels) with the standard or Deluxe seat might create a nice retro-modern look.
 
Thread starter
gossman_imp said:
the ferret had some good ideas and even provided a pic on something you might be interested

Whitehouse Kit
Thanks man. Looking around here a bit more, I see this conversation has come up quite a bit. I'll have to spend some time exploring these threads. Thanks!
 
G'day Light and welcome aboard.

Do you have a bike organised or are you still searching?
 
:hello: Howdy, welcome and congrats .. you have excellent taste in motorycles
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day Light and welcome aboard.

Do you have a bike organised or are you still searching?
Thanks! No, still looking. There's a dealership in town that has a 2013 with 500 miles for $8400, and there's a guy on craigslist selling a 2013 with a 1000 miles for $7200 obo. Going to hunt for a bit longer.
 
Light_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day Light and welcome aboard.

Do you have a bike organised or are you still searching?
Thanks! No, still looking. There's a dealership in town that has a 2013 with 500 miles for $8400, and there's a guy on craigslist selling a 2013 with a 1000 miles for $7200 obo. Going to hunt for a bit longer.
Thanks! No, still looking. There's a dealership in town that has a 2013 with 500 miles for $8400, and there's a guy on craigslist selling a 2013 with a 1000 miles for $7200 obo. Going to hunt for a bit longer.
They have a '13abs for $9,999 , a '13 for $7,999, and a '14std for $9,999 advertised locally here, of course it doesn't include freight and setup
 
That bike for $7200 wouldn't be bad, especially if you could get him under $7k...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
What does "touches the tank" mean? My '13 OEM seat touches the tank.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What does "touches the tank" mean? My '13 OEM seat touches the tank.
I was a bit curious too when I heard that. Maybe it means "If it leaves rub marks on your tank, don't complain to me, I warned you..."
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Brand new 2013s for sale in MD for $7,499. Figure a little under $9000 OTD.
Thanks
ClassicVW_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
What does "touches the tank" mean? My '13 OEM seat touches the tank.
I was a bit curious too when I heard that. Maybe it means "If it leaves rub marks on your tank, don't complain to me, I warned you..."
I was a bit curious too when I heard that. Maybe it means "If it leaves rub marks on your tank, don't complain to me, I warned you..."
I don't know either, but you're probably right. In some pics on on the Samurider site of the Whitehouse Cafe tanks on the bike with the stock seat, the seat does seem to be pushing up a bit on the tank (curving up onto it), so maybe he means that. If so, it doesn't look bad (see pic I've attached).
grover_imp said:
That bike for $7200 wouldn't be bad, especially if you could get him under $7k...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. The guy doesn't have a picture of his bike posted though, just a stock picture from the Dart Flyscreens site. But it couldn't hurt to take a look
 
Corbin has a nice seat for this bike, Gunfighter & Lady saddle for
2013-2014 Honda CB1100. I hope it feels better than the one it came with and I will get one soon. It let's you put a back rest on for both riders. I don't like the seat this bike has on it or the sport feel on the lower controls. The seat is hard after about 20 miles in this configuration, maybe Corbin will be a better feel.
 
Back
Top