Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I'm really sorry to read of your problems but glad to know that this place is helping you maintain some level of sanity. Here's wishing you a speedy resolution.treytexag_imp said:LiveToRide, rest assured, I'm not happy about the situation with my new CB1100 DLX. However, being a "fixer" at work, I'm well aware that me "exploding" or ranting at Honda or the repair guys won't help the situation. So I'm doing my best to be patient.
Chatting with y'all here does help for sure, and perusing the beautiful pics and mods on this board is keeping me going . . .
![]()
Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.Flynrider_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
I believe they went with the long nose plugs for better heat dissipation on the cylinder head.uscgmac_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.Flynrider_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Well that sucks, why would Honda go out and use such odd ball parts that it becomes an issue to obtain them especially something as simple as plugs. I'm already worried about replacing tires down the road in the future with the odd ball tire sizes. What do you do 5 to 10 years down the line when this bike is just a thing of the past and nobody uses these tire sizes anymore? They should have standardized alot of things.
xNE0x_imp said:
)Flynrider_imp said:I believe they went with the long nose plugs for better heat dissipation on the cylinder head.uscgmac_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.Flynrider_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Well that sucks, why would Honda go out and use such odd ball parts that it becomes an issue to obtain them especially something as simple as plugs. I'm already worried about replacing tires down the road in the future with the odd ball tire sizes. What do you do 5 to 10 years down the line when this bike is just a thing of the past and nobody uses these tire sizes anymore? They should have standardized alot of things.
xNE0x_imp said:
xNE0x, I don't think those plugs that Bike Bandit lists are really compatible. It looks like just a general list of motorcycle plugs that they think might fit a CB11. When in doubt, you can tell an NGK LMAR8A type because the threaded portion is about as long as the ceramic insulator.
So far, Denso and Champion haven't listed a compatible plug in their cross reference charts. NGK doesn't even list an iridium or platinum version. It's a real oddball. (and it seems to be priced accordingly)
xNE0x, I don't think those plugs that Bike Bandit lists are really compatible. It looks like just a general list of motorcycle plugs that they think might fit a CB11. When in doubt, you can tell an NGK LMAR8A type because the threaded portion is about as long as the ceramic insulator.xNE0x_imp said:[url=http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/motorcycle-electrical-parts/2014-honda-cb1100-spark-plugs-acc-universal/p4f?m=155474&f=3]http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-pa...155474&f=3
I'd stick with NGK IMHO. I run D8EA's in my 915 kit with Andrews performance ignition coils and wires, 0 issues.
Genuine part # Honda - 31908-MGC-003 - S/PLG (LMAR8A-9S)
(All I could find on it)
) Flynrider_imp said:I believe they went with the long nose plugs for better heat dissipation on the cylinder head.uscgmac_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.Flynrider_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Well that sucks, why would Honda go out and use such odd ball parts that it becomes an issue to obtain them especially something as simple as plugs. I'm already worried about replacing tires down the road in the future with the odd ball tire sizes. What do you do 5 to 10 years down the line when this bike is just a thing of the past and nobody uses these tire sizes anymore? They should have standardized alot of things.
xNE0x_imp said:
xNE0x, I don't think those plugs that Bike Bandit lists are really compatible. It looks like just a general list of motorcycle plugs that they think might fit a CB11. When in doubt, you can tell an NGK LMAR8A type because the threaded portion is about as long as the ceramic insulator.
So far, Denso and Champion haven't listed a compatible plug in their cross reference charts. NGK doesn't even list an iridium or platinum version. It's a real oddball. (and it seems to be priced accordingly)
treytexag_imp said:Flynrider_imp said:I believe they went with the long nose plugs for better heat dissipation on the cylinder head.uscgmac_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.Flynrider_imp said:Yes. The stock plug is an NGK oddball with a very long nose. I haven't seen any other bikes that use it in the cross-reference charts, nor have I seen a compatible version made by another company.uscgmac_imp said:Why does it take the dealer so long to get plugs? Are we using some crazy special plug of some kind, I don't think it would be an issue to just get some plugs. Even if he didn't stock them, they can be over night ed from anywhere in US. How long has this been going on, any updates. I would definetely think it would be taken care of by now.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Doesn't explain why it is taking this dealer so long to get them. Just that this plug is not like a standard NGK or ND plug that are commonly stocked.
Well that sucks, why would Honda go out and use such odd ball parts that it becomes an issue to obtain them especially something as simple as plugs. I'm already worried about replacing tires down the road in the future with the odd ball tire sizes. What do you do 5 to 10 years down the line when this bike is just a thing of the past and nobody uses these tire sizes anymore? They should have standardized alot of things.
xNE0x_imp said:
xNE0x, I don't think those plugs that Bike Bandit lists are really compatible. It looks like just a general list of motorcycle plugs that they think might fit a CB11. When in doubt, you can tell an NGK LMAR8A type because the threaded portion is about as long as the ceramic insulator.
So far, Denso and Champion haven't listed a compatible plug in their cross reference charts. NGK doesn't even list an iridium or platinum version. It's a real oddball. (and it seems to be priced accordingly)
Even though I'm not paying for the plugs (Honda is), I asked him about them. Don't know the exact price but the Service Manager said they're about 20 bucks a piece. So $80 for 4 plugs!! WOW.
I guess it's been awhile since I shopped for Honda Motorcycle parts . . . .