treytexag_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
This is interesting. Seems a little "hokey" or "urban legend"-like, but what the heck do I know!!mininsx_imp said:

I guess it's quick and free to try it out - so I will!
Thanks guys.
The more I think about it, you are right. It's not a bike that was traded in. The bike is brand new sitting on the floor with gas in the tank for maybe 8 months? (Whether or not the gas was replaced, it still sat with gas in the tank) Why would a dealer put gas in a bike that's going to be on the showroom floor? Did they prep the bike for a potential buyer or maybe someone took it on a test ride and then no one used it for months? Either way, it gives me serious doubts about using that dealership.ClassicVW_imp said:The more I think about it, you are right. It's not a bike that was traded in. The bike is brand new sitting on the floor with gas in the tank for maybe 8 months? (Whether or not the gas was replaced, it still sat with gas in the tank) Why would a dealer put gas in a bike that's going to be on the showroom floor? Did they prep the bike for a potential buyer or maybe someone took it on a test ride and then no one used it for months? Either way, it gives me serious doubts about using that dealership.xNE0x_imp said:Um, I would be taking that bike right back to the dealership.
Another quick question guys. Can / will any local Honda dealer do factory warranty work on my new bike? IOW's, do I have to take it back to where it was purchased? There are a bunch of Honda dealers close here in Houston, I didn't buy a '14 DLX from any of them 'cuz they didn't have one to sell me!

Just curious, if the bike keeps sputtering after a few tankfuls, do I have to take it to the selling dealership, or can I go to one locally?