New Banner?

DAC

Road warrior
Thread starter
Seems like the 14's are arriving in quantity!! Does it make sense for us to have a new site banner with a black Std and a DLX alongside the '13? I don't want to make work for Guth and Ferret who already do so much for this forum. Just a thought.
 
That would be Guths job. ;)
 
I've been wondering about that for a while too. Maybe a '14 on the right side of the banner.

Will be interesting to see what Guth does!
 
Egads! Have you no sense of history and tradition? One does NOT go tearing down the family portraits simply because a new trollop has arrive at the country estate!
 
Thread starter
I was thinking more "adding to" instead of "tearing down." There's room on the right side for more.:rolleyes:
 
I'd say keep it as is. That is the bike that started it all. If each new iteration is added to the header in a few years it'll be out of control.

But if we end up with a two or three year hit wonder perhaps we should revisit this idea. But as it stands now it is a very handsome and well done header; I don't think it should be messed with.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'd say keep it as is. That is the bike that started it all. If each new iteration is added to the header in a few years it'll be out of control.

But if we end up with a two or three year hit wonder perhaps we should revisit this idea. But as it stands now it is a very handsome and well done header; I don't think it should be messed with.
I agree. It's simple and classy. If you change it you'll probably go back to it in 5 years anyway... but since change is inevitable, what if you have the bike image area fade into the other CB versions?
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'd say keep it as is. That is the bike that started it all. If each new iteration is added to the header in a few years it'll be out of control.

But if we end up with a two or three year hit wonder perhaps we should revisit this idea. But as it stands now it is a very handsome and well done header; I don't think it should be messed with.
I'm a newbie here, and maybe I'm speaking too soon (if so, I apologize), but I agree too with keeping the banner as is.
 
I had been thinking about the banner for a while now and as you can see, I've finally made a change. I'm going to keep this one up for a bit and see how I feel about it over time.
 
All i see is a blue question mark. Ill go on record first as in the dont like it side
 
Guth_imp said:
Hmmm, now that is creative. Try clicking the "refresh" or "reload" button on your browser.


Ok now it showed up. Ok, I.m back on the like it side. ;)
 
How about a red 2014 deluxe emerging from behind the 2013? And a Black 2014 standard emerging from behind that? You know, all in the same profile but with a 3/4 view of the 2 new bikes behind the one that started it all.
 
Very nice! I agree with having the 13' standard prominent as it is the bike that started it all but there is to much 14' dlx talk on here for it not to be represented also.Well done I say.
 
I see the original, 1st generation CB1100 design as the iconic image of the bike. This is what remains prominent in the design. The white EX fits in with the colors making up the visual theme of the site and presents some nice contrasts to the original design, including the 4 into 2 exhaust (i.e. symmetrical for the ferret :D) as found on the DLX models here in the States.

In my mind the new banner doesn't come off as clean as the original one, and I might change it up a bit more at some point. However, one thing that the new banner does reflect is the fact that the CB1100 has evolved and is still with us, which is definitely a good thing.
 
:-/. I think I'm with you Guth... it's not 'clean'. The original logo was excellent, whoever designed it did an excellent job. In the new one, the white one looks too much like an add-on and it muddy's up the look. I never really noticed what the red one was doing, but it's clearly moving forward, kind of pulling along or coming out of the name. Perhaps you could move it to the right, keep its prominence as the 'grand-daddy', but have it be dragging out a much less prominent new one. If you kept the new one moving to the right, you'd lose showing the left side... showing that difference, but it would be cleaner. Or perhaps you can show the new one heading in the other direction in order to show the other side. But then again, since we read left to right, that might look odd too, in a different sort of way. I'm not sure what your limitations are, artistically, but it's worth playing with. I'd vote (and you didn't ask for my vote...) to keep it simple, clean, and elegant... like the bike.
 
Back
Top