New and Old Japanese Four's

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Took time to wash my CB today after being caught in the rain. I like a garage with Japanese four's in it, new and old.

43eae791fa8f143478584f82528a2052.jpg
 
Those 2013s look so much better with red side covers.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Took time to wash my CB today after being caught in the rain. I like a garage with Japanese four's in it, new and old.

43eae791fa8f143478584f82528a2052.jpg
NICE COLLECTION!!!!:clap:

I have some room in my garage as well = move in , please:P...I meant the bikes:P:P

pb
 
Nice shot. Man I love the look of the black alloys with the polished silver rims. I still dig the silver side covers myself — in fact my favorite thing about the 2017 EX is that they went to the brushed aluminum side covers.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Nice shot. Man I love the look of the black alloys with the polished silver rims. I still dig the silver side covers myself — in fact my favorite thing about the 2017 EX is that they went to the brushed aluminum side covers.
I have always liked the 2013 more than the later models for many of the same reasons Guth. It would be nice to have the 6 speed. I do prefer the red side covers though.
 
Guth_imp said:
Nice shot. Man I love the look of the black alloys with the polished silver rims. I still dig the silver side covers myself — in fact my favorite thing about the 2017 EX is that they went to the brushed aluminum side covers.
:D
+1
Both CDN CB's, 2013 -14 have the black alloys with the polished silver rims.
...unfortunately the 2016 has black alloys...and in my opinion, almost entire black CB loses is lustre...it's almost total black appearance was the only reason , I did not trade in my white CB for the 2016 model at that time...despite of 2 showroom visits..
:biker:
aaf901e2482e238a00f4a6eaba7ca103.jpg

pb
 
Nice birds! The GS appears to be coming along nicely.
 
Guth_imp said:
Nice shot. Man I love the look of the black alloys with the polished silver rims. I still dig the silver side covers myself — in fact my favorite thing about the 2017 EX is that they went to the brushed aluminum side covers.
Couldn't agree with you more Guth!

A recent Motorweek show segment called "Two-Wheelin" reviewed the '17 EX and the host made a comment to the effect that the CB was a mix-mash of metals and textures.... I think that's truly one of my favorite things about the CB! All versions except the all black standard have that look.

For anyone interested... I'll have a set of '14 DLX side panels available because I'm going back to the silver color. :D
 
While the 2014 Standard would no doubt look good with my gray hair, I think that I'm just a little too laid back for that hip/menacing vibe the bike gives off, lol.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice birds! The GS appears to be coming along nicely.
Thanks ferret, the GS still needs new carb boots, tires, tubes, drive chain, handle bars, pod filters, cables and a complete exhaust system. My rattle can paint job looks okay from about five feet away but will do for now. I'm amazed at how many original parts are still around. This thing is a money pit but I'm having fun with it.
 
That is a unique picture, Redbirds, i'm working on something similar, someone else has the same 1100 as i do and i hope to make a group photo, in the mean time here's my 40 year old cb550 making friends with the new cb1100, there is some resemblance there i think.

f003d562a93782b5b81bd9ca3755fe85.jpg


6e89c7ae06aaf2ab131fe0dfcab2f3ff.jpg


max
 
max_imp said:
That is a unique picture, Redbirds, i'm working on something similar, someone else has the same 1100 as i do and i hope to make a group photo, in the mean time here's my 40 year old cb550 making friends with the new cb1100, there is some resemblance there i think.

f003d562a93782b5b81bd9ca3755fe85.jpg


6e89c7ae06aaf2ab131fe0dfcab2f3ff.jpg


max
Max,
Awesome!!!, getting jealous::shy:

pb
 
max_imp said:
That is a unique picture, Redbirds, i'm working on something similar, someone else has the same 1100 as i do and i hope to make a group photo, in the mean time here's my 40 year old cb550 making friends with the new cb1100, there is some resemblance there i think.

f003d562a93782b5b81bd9ca3755fe85.jpg


6e89c7ae06aaf2ab131fe0dfcab2f3ff.jpg


max
Hey, I had just the same CB550K in the 80's, same color, but stock. That was a great ride, never had any issues.
 
Hey, max, did your CB1100 come with the tank piping?
 
Wow, I love that cross over/twisted header on the CB550. Is/was that a common style? I have never seen one like that before. Beautiful. Although it looks like the 2nd cylinder is running hot.
 
Thread starter
max_imp said:
That is a unique picture, Redbirds, i'm working on something similar, someone else has the same 1100 as i do and i hope to make a group photo, in the mean time here's my 40 year old cb550 making friends with the new cb1100, there is some resemblance there i think.

f003d562a93782b5b81bd9ca3755fe85.jpg


6e89c7ae06aaf2ab131fe0dfcab2f3ff.jpg


max
The 550 has such a fine looking motor. These older style Japanese fours are things of beauty.
 
Django_imp said:
Stock exhaust of the CB550K was a 4 in 4:

179e17887055ef2a78a9182bb0898d0c.jpg
Wanna have a laugh?
Same bike and fella 40 years apart, still fit the ago leather jacket as well he he.

cc2858c817b265a7db21a8209b0766eb.jpg


So yes, i also had those 4 pipes, unfortunately they only lasted 3 years before rotting holes in them, bought the bike in Amsterdam, built a crate for it and imported it to New Zealand, apparently there is one more in nz but this model was not imported here.
And like the cb1100 people come over and have a nice talk about their past bikes.

Auf wiedersehen max
 
Back
Top