New 2023 1100 Honda Nighthawk

I'm sure it will fulfil someone's wish, but it's not nearly as pretty as the CB1100.
 
m in sc_imp said:
needs a full fairing, the motor looks like an industrial pump. ducatis modern naked bikes suffer the same styling fate. meh.
The 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700/750S did not have a full fairing.

lol - industrial pump. Yep, it is not the inline-4 that has been swapped out.
 
Looks intriguing... I agree with m in sc about a modern type full fairing or some fairing extension to hide the ugly frame piping, hate this digital cockpit. Definitely not DCT for me.
Not too happy with the mono rear shock.
OK with fly by wire ETC and cruise.., expecting weight of 470 lbs?

If it goes to a Canadian showroom, I will definitely spend some time with this Hawk.
Mrs. may not like my thinking :rolleyes:
 
Having said it's not as pretty, I'd certainly like to take one for a ride.

As for the industrial pump, it's a design problem from having to use water to cool the engine. Assuming it's more expensive to cast an engine with fins, you wouldn't do it so you could keep the price down. The Honda CB1300, which is a pretty bike in my view, has the same pump-like engine.
 
Like Cormanus, I will add I would not turn down any ride for the first time.

Example: I would demo ride a far east knock-off of an Italian or Japanese bike just so I have the experience to compare, and likely continue - even more so - appreciate good and original designs.

The proposed "80's CB Nighthawk" prototype is no surprise coming from current day Honda who is milking their highly reliable liter-class inline twin lump. I think the artist/designer could do just a little bit better. I reckon these days, however, "better" means more $$$.

This be me in my younger years on the CB750SC ('84 Nighthawk 750S):

 
Whats shown appears tojust be a rebel 1100 modified into a standard. It doesnt seem like this is something Honda is actually going to market, sadly. Iwould be all over that if they did.
 
It’ll be interesting to see, Mr P. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they brought it to market. Their strategy at the moment is to find a good engine and then build a number of bikes around it.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Whats shown appears tojust be a rebel 1100 modified into a standard. It doesnt seem like this is something Honda is actually going to market, sadly. Iwould be all over that if they did.
Sadly, indeed.

I would choose this style over the Rebel 1100 and NT1100 - and if it was a wee bit higher and they did manage to add a shaft final drive, then I would be in trouble.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Im pretty sure you arent gonna see a honda shaft drive on anything not named goldwing in the foreseeable future. Theyjust dont seem invested in that tech.
This. They are not going to put a shaft on anything that doesn't have 6 cylinders and the name Goldwing attached to it anymore.
 
Randy B_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Im pretty sure you arent gonna see a honda shaft drive on anything not named goldwing in the foreseeable future. Theyjust dont seem invested in that tech.
This. They are not going to put a shaft on anything that doesn't have 6 cylinders and the name Goldwing attached to it anymore.
This. They are not going to put a shaft on anything that doesn't have 6 cylinders and the name Goldwing attached to it anymore.
That's a shame.
 
Sad to see the 4 cylinder bikes being phased out due to emissions, get one while you still can.
 
Do 4 cylinder bikes have an emissions problem per se? Or is it just the air-cooled ones?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Do 4 cylinder bikes have an emissions problem per se? Or is it just the air-cooled ones?
Maybe the larger air-cooled ones? Not sure if there are many smaller new production air-cooled inline-4s these days. If there was, this Forum would be all over 'em - dripping from the mouth and chin.
 
It's instructive to visit Honda's Japanese website using a browser with a translation engine. There's the CB1300; the CB100 EX and RS final editions; the Fireblade; the CB1000R; the VFR800X; the CBR650R and CB650R (discontinued); the CBR600RR; CB450 (discontinued) all with 4 cylinders. So, Honda is continuing to make four 4-cylinder engines.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It's instructive to visit Honda's Japanese website using a browser with a translation engine. There's the CB1300; the CB100 EX and RS final editions; the Fireblade; the CB1000R; the VFR800X; the CBR650R and CB650R (discontinued); the CBR600RR; CB450 (discontinued) all with 4 cylinders. So, Honda is continuing to make four 4-cylinder engines.
... but not air-cooled.
 
Back
Top