New 2014 Honda Gold Wing Valkyrie

it's that K10 kit. the K10 kit has the effect of making the CB look really chubby. there's no other way to describe it. the first time i ever saw a K10 kit that was the impression i got. it's the combintion of tall seat, fatter/rounder gas tank and bigger side covers
 
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
 
Lovely bike, use2b. You’ll love it. And what a great deal!
 
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
 
The ferret_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
Dan Fogleberg and Tim Wiseman?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
LOL i do not think the last two figured it out :thumbsup:

have 110 miles on this bike now and one thing I HATE !
Honda moved the turn signals to the bottom and the horn button above that. Crazy i have two big Honda's that are only 1 year apart and they flip the controls.
the horn button should always be on the bottom and closest in an emergency , i have been blowing the horn at people all day trying to use the turn signals :(
 
You even sound like Ferret! He had the same complaint about the DLX.
 
Well its just a Honda thing. I was pleased as punch to find the horn on the bottom and turn signals in the middle on the new 2018 Yamaha I just bought.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats. Loved the motor in the new Goldwing I test rode, but it was just too big and heavy for me (hence the FJR). How about a pic of you sitting on it from the side so we can judge size? (the bike's ... not yours lol ). If you are camera shy leave your helmet on.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
:rofl: Geezzalou, we could be twins.

Cool, I've never flat footed a bike before.

I bet that would be fun to ride. Like I said the motor is a gem.
I can not ride an African twin but this flat foots easy
BTW they have 2 black ones left at $7999 at Hall's Honda Mobile Alabama if anyone is interested
 
Can you post some more riding impressions? Any thoughts vs the CB?

I’m not a big cruiser guy but I do find this deal intriguing.
 
Thread starter
Calcb_imp said:
Can you post some more riding impressions? Any thoughts vs the CB?

I’m not a big cruiser guy but I do find this deal intriguing.

Yes Calcb . the only thing i did not like was the horn button was in the location of 2014 CB's instead of the lower left like on my 2013 CB but that has been solved - I now have 2 horn buttons with the new one lower left.
The ride is fantastic and it feels light but certainly looks big because of those huge radiator housing scoops which do a great job pulling in air. passing power is phenomenal right off the bottom and pulls really hard as this bike is all about Power. 1st oil change is 4,000 miles [ no typo ] and break in is only 300 miles which i have done. filled the tank at 200 miles and it took 4.4 Gal in the 6.1 gal tank. instruments are great with huge digital speedo. I get a lot of wind over the top of the bars and no heat on my waist or legs so i like the design and ride. the boxer six , transmission and rear drive are turbine smooth for long rides. I ordered a back rest and small luggage rack to keep from launching my wife off the back and she loves this new bike.

Then back onto the CB which is tall but now seems like a sport bike and i find myself riding more spirited than before. for the 1st time i can feel the slight vibration people speak of but it is so small that only riding the Valkyrie would have made me notice. test riding a new Harley 45 made my teeth chatter and i had to lock my jaw so the small vibration on the CB is nothing to me.
I can lean the Valk over with more ease than the CB because the cylinders on the other side counterbalance very well which lends to the light feel of the big bike with its low center of gravity while riding.
Very Happy I bought this new bike and it compliments the CB very much. for the price it was a steal and will surely outlast me
 
Congrats that motor is a gem. Don't you just love Honda Bonus Bucks?
I took advantage of bonus bucks a year ago and stole a 2014 Honda CTX1300 for $6800 with 1 mile on the odo
 
Thanks that is great to hear—I do like smooth engines and I’m sure nothing is like the flat 6! Going to try and find a Wing to sit on around here to get a feel for the riding position.
 
dealers all have demo wings they have to let people ride. Don't just sit on one, ride one!
 
Back
Top