New 2013 and 2014 CB1100 prices

Desert viper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hi...I just received an email from Southern Powersports in Chatanooga, Tennessee. They have at least one new 2013 standard ($7752) and at least one new 2014 standard ($7676). These are their out the door prices. You pay your tax and license fees when you register it. All paperwork must be signed in person per HONDA.
 
Probably has to do with the price the dealer paid for each bike. Or it's because the red ones are faster.
 
Probably Yen to Dollar exchange rates at time imported. But red is still faster.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
ride4now_imp said:
Why would a 2013 std be more expensive than a 2014 std? Are they brand new... no miles? Somethings not right here...
The previous points are valid, but it is also cheaper to simply paint parts black than to chrome plate or polish and clear-coat them. The current trend to "black-out" bikes is not just fashion, it's a major cost savings measure by the manufacturers.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Probably Yen to Dollar exchange rates at time imported. But red is still faster.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
That's a good point. The yen was worth about 20% more in '13 than in '14.
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Hi...I just received an email from Southern Powersports in Chatanooga, Tennessee. They have at least one new 2013 standard ($7752) and at least one new 2014 standard ($7676). These are their out the door prices. You pay your tax and license fees when you register it. All paperwork must be signed in person per HONDA.
I just paid 7600.00 2014 out the door in MD. 0 miles.
 
Just got a black 2014 standard, my price with tax (6.25%) and registration (~100ish?) was 8,000. So the sales price was lower, like 7,400 and no dealer fees. SO much bike for that price!
 
capttwb136_imp said:
CBryder_imp said:
I paid ~$6700 out the door June of 2015 for a 2013 in MN.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
The best deal I've seen. Congratulations!
The best deal I've seen. Congratulations!
I think I would have bought 2 for that price! 1k less than what I paid.
 
Just bought my 14 std for $7250 out the door in Springfield, MO., owner said they have sold 4 in the last 60 days.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
When you guys say "out the door", are you including tax and reg? I'm looking at a new 2014 standard right now and the dealer is looking for $8,000 including their shipping and prep, but not including Connecticut sales tax.

I'm not willing to pay $8000 for it, but I would at $7250 likely.
 
The $7250 includes the bike, destination charge and dealer fees, out the door. I paid taxes and registration to the State of Missouri a couple of weeks later. If it helps, my dealer has another one listed on Cycle Trader for $6995. Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO. They are one of the top deaalers in the US.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
Where I work a 2014 STd is still $9500... I can get it $100 over cost, but I haven't asked what cost is. I have a feeling it's not going to be just over $7k. I got a $7600 T100 to test ride yet, and that price point is nicer. Shame, because I did like my test ride of the CB.
 
justinlself_imp said:
Where I work a 2014 STd is still $9500... I can get it $100 over cost, but I haven't asked what cost is. I have a feeling it's not going to be just over $7k. I got a $7600 T100 to test ride yet, and that price point is nicer. Shame, because I did like my test ride of the CB.
you should ask!
 
Reading these prices sure makes me wonder what the reception is going to be for the '17 EX with its MSRP several thousand higher. My spider sense is telling me.........icy cold!
 
Back
Top