Nemo's 14 Black One

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
"This bike is so good looking as it comes that it needs no farkling" I thought when I decided that I was trading my NC for a CB. Although my plan was to buy a brand new one, the best deal was the used one I traded for. When I picked it up it already had a Dart Flyscreen and the tank's lawyer stickers were gone. "Good", I said, that's all that it needs.

Then I got home and noticed the over the top license plate bracket with bicycle reflectors :dodgy: I gotta do something about that... So, before I discovered metalmaven's license plate kit, I found a thread here on how to DIY it and with a piece of 0.25" thick kydex I fabricated my own, transplanted an old faux carbon fiber license plate frame and nice allen head stainless bolts. BOOM! DONE! That's all it's going to need...

The second day, at laundry time, my wife found in my riding jeans pocket the chrome valve caps I took off the NC when traded it in. At the dealer I had taken the ugly plastic ones that were on the CB and put them on the NC, put the chrome ones in my pocket and forgot to transplant them to the new bike. Well, now they are there.

Installing the tire valve caps it hit me: it still has reflectors on the forks :-/ I found another thread here that said those were on there by 2-sided tape. 2 minutes later, fork reflectors were gone. Ahhh... Clean :)

At some point during that first crazy week of ownership I found the forum's monster thread about RLETs and thought "if I'm going to be a bona-fide CeeBeer I gotta get me some of those thingies". So I did...

Meanwhile, I've acquired two tail bags, the Nelson-Rigg Sport my friend gave me I use for short leisure rides, and the Ogio replaces the failed tank bag experiment for commuting to work.

BUT WAIT!! Now the CB has no reflectivity; that is not safe. :( So yesterday I installed reflective tape on its wheels. It is black reflective tape so it doesn't detract from the bike's look during the daytime.

Then today I swapped the oil cap by ZRF's knurled aluminum one.

I need and will get new grips (just need to figure out which ones) and while at it may change the bar end sliders. At some point I'll add engine guards. I would like to have a custom seat (Sargent's is here in town) and a nice slip-on muffler. Finally, for my spring trip to the mountains I'll add saddle bags.
:s

Morale of the story: This place is not a good influence on my weak soul.
:cool:
Have a good night, guys.
 
Nemo_imp said:
"This bike is so good looking as it comes that it needs no farkling" I thought when I decided that I was trading my NC for a CB. Although my plan was to buy a brand new one, the best deal was the used one I traded for. When I picked it up it already had a Dart Flyscreen and the tank's lawyer stickers were gone. "Good", I said, that's all that it needs.

Then I got home and noticed the over the top license plate bracket with bicycle reflectors :dodgy: I gotta do something about that... So, before I discovered metalmaven's license plate kit, I found a thread here on how to DIY it and with a piece of 0.25" thick kydex I fabricated my own, transplanted an old faux carbon fiber license plate frame and nice allen head stainless bolts. BOOM! DONE! That's all it's going to need...

The second day, at laundry time, my wife found in my riding jeans pocket the chrome valve caps I took off the NC when traded it in. At the dealer I had taken the ugly plastic ones that were on the CB and put them on the NC, put the chrome ones in my pocket and forgot to transplant them to the new bike. Well, now they are there.

Installing the tire valve caps it hit me: it still has reflectors on the forks :-/ I found another thread here that said those were on there by 2-sided tape. 2 minutes later, fork reflectors were gone. Ahhh... Clean :)

At some point during that first crazy week of ownership I found the forum's monster thread about RLETs and thought "if I'm going to be a bona-fide CeeBeer I gotta get me some of those thingies". So I did...

Meanwhile, I've acquired two tail bags, the Nelson-Rigg Sport my friend gave me I use for short leisure rides, and the Ogio replaces the failed tank bag experiment for commuting to work.

BUT WAIT!! Now the CB has no reflectivity; that is not safe. :( So yesterday I installed reflective tape on its wheels. It is black reflective tape so it doesn't detract from the bike's look during the daytime.

Then today I swapped the oil cap by ZRF's knurled aluminum one.

I need and will get new grips (just need to figure out which ones) and while at it may change the bar end sliders. At some point I'll add engine guards. I would like to have a custom seat (Sargent's is here in town) and a nice slip-on muffler. Finally, for my spring trip to the mountains I'll add saddle bags.
:s

Morale of the story: This place is not a good influence on my weak soul.
:cool:
Have a good night, guys.
I haven't even picked up the bike yet and I'm seeing that...
 
Hey Nemo, wait till you start giving Mr. T your money... :)

I'll just put the Road Comet bug in your head now...
 
Lol..now you know how CB4ME feels
 
you think this is bad go over to the Triumph rat website. With access to the aftermarket they have things get pretty rediculous alot of times the bikes look worse when done spending thousands on "improving" them. With the CB i'm sticking to performance mods only ie: suspension/ intake/ exhaust/ fueling. Except for those mirrors.... oh lord here we go.
 
Thread starter
Need to write all this down before I forget. To the best of my recollection and in sort of chronological order, the transformation has happened as follows:

- Bike came with Dart Flyscreen (now gone).
- Tank's lawyer stickers: gone
- License plate DIY bracket kit made of 0.25" thick kydex, old faux carbon fiber license plate frame and nice allen head stainless bolts.
- Chrome valve stem caps
- RLETs
- Tank Slapper
- Fork reflectors gone. Reflectors replaced by black reflective tape on wheels
- Knurled aluminum oil cap by ZRF
- ProGrip 719s
- Under-seat USB port
- Puerto Rico $0.25 mod
- Replaced peg feelers with allen head cap screws
- K&N Air Filter
- Moriwaki Frame Sliders
- Sargent's dished and widened seat, contrasting insert and red double stitched.
- Arrow slip-on

To be continued...
:biker:
 
Hey..Nemo got him some TONE baby! Looking good Nemo
 
Thread starter
This is how it looked last Sunday :(


But it's making very slow progress...

Has new bars (Renthal Street Medium) and Triumph Scrambler lollipops



Has new rear turn signals (still have to do the front)


And new headlight bulb

Today it got an O2 sensor eliminator plug, mainly because I really don't want to have to reinstall the sensor.


Fenders, headlight brackets and exhaust system are getting a treatment. Hopefully will be ready on Friday. This is not a cheap hobby, but then again, none really are.

Stay tuned...
:cool:
 
Hope you haven't spent all your pocket money, Nemo. It's obligatory to buy the Ferret a cup of tea! :cool:
 
Thread starter
The blackening is almost complete...





Powder coated headlight brackets, fenders and heat shield. Headers and slip-on finished in flat black CeraKote HighTemp.

I'm in :heart: with my toy!
Cormanus_imp said:
Hope you haven't spent all your pocket money, Nemo. It's obligatory to buy the Ferret a cup of tea! :cool:
I'm don't know if I'll have enough gas money to make it to bland... :-/

Redbirds will cover me. :D
 
Back
Top