Need Touring accessories

I agree a 2 man is the right size for a single rider room for them and any gear you don't want to leave outside over night. My Kelty 2 man also has front and rear vestibules for boots and helmet and such. 4 man tents are HUGE.

 
But you can stand up in a 4 man tent typically. I would like to find a 2 man tent with height to stand. Anyone?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
True.... you give up standing room for packing space, but I mainly use a tent for sleeping which I do laying down lol. Other than that I'm out of the tent most of the time.
 
Elipten_imp said:
But you can stand up in a 4 man tent typically. I would like to find a 2 man tent with height to stand. Anyone?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, if standing in a tent is high up on the OP's priority list as something that he has to have then I understand his choice. And I don't mean that tongue-in-cheek. It's nice to be able to stand up and change clothes etc. but with just a little more effort and a lot less weight all that (except maybe the standing) can be done in a decent 2-man tent. Of the 11 or so tents I currently own I can only stand in two of them. A Coleman 2 room Family tent and a 4-man Kelty 4-Season All Mountain tent. Neither of these would fit on the CB. My main point was that on a motorcycle space is at a premium and to ensure you make the right choice before you drop your money on the counter. I have some of the lightest gear made for long distance backpacking and I was somewhat cramped on the CB just on an overnight trip. What did came to light is that I need to buy a rack for the increased space to be able to move the gear backwards to give me a little more room on the seat. I'm leaning towards the black one with the passenger handles someone here recently bought.
 
I think motorcycling and back packing have the same requirements when it comes to equipment,( unless you have a Goldwing pulling a trailer lol) you want the lightest smallest gear you can afford and that you are willing to put up with. I love my big electric razor when shaving in the morning. On an extended motorcycle trip like to the rally, I take a mini shaver that runs on 2 AA batteries about 1/4 the size of my regular razor. Not as good, but I can put up with it for a few days for the space it saves on the bike.
 
Thread starter
Does anybody know if the Chip Beck Corbin seat fits a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe model? I called Corbin to order the seat and they said they didn't know if it would fit because of the larger gas tank (not as narrow toward the seat).
 
On my last trips I found it awkward to have all my equipment
in a one room tent.

So I decided to go on tour this summer with tent called "Alaska"
from Tatonka. It has enough room, even for rainy days, without being too big.
This includes carrying it on my bike. It's not cheap anyway, but I bought it as used one
for a fair amount of €, so it was not really used, only build up for a few couple of times.

My CB does not necessarily have to find a garage in it.

What is more important to me is, to open it up to all sides, but also have some protection against insects by doing so.
This link gives you an idea of what I've been writing about:
Google Images

Wisedrum
 
Frulk, I use a two men tent:

99e99c2e1976da997f9cf40272237c34.jpg


Packed like so:

2fe6f73008eab450f681ca5cea261ed3.jpg


The setup is a 60 litre cargo bag sitting on an OEM rack. Over the cargo bag is thrown 50 litre Oxford Lifetime saddle bags. A tent and camp stool is strapped on the top of the cargo bag. The cargo bag has a wet weather cover over it held by a small cargo net. You can see the bag, red in colour, in the first photo. I like the cargo net as I can slip a water bottle and my wet weather gear through the cargo net webbing at the front of the bag. Makes a good back rest. In general the cargo bag holds all my camping stuff; sleeping bag, sleeping mat, inflatable pillow, spirit stove, food, EBR, cold weather jacket and hat; also spare gloves, chain lubricant and tyre pressure gauge. The saddle bags carry clothes and other personal gear that I need quick access to during the ride. The Oxford bags are top quality with self sealing zips and internal waterproof lining that can be lifted out. The whole kit and caboodle is held down by two cargo straps. I don't trust bungee cords. I have used this rig extensively and it suits me.

07b5ae28a5ae0f91d0724a1a896cc85b.jpg


Cheers
 
1. Engine Guard and Foot Pegs.

Haven't picked a setup yet, but also on my list.

2. Wind screen.

Going without !

3. Saddle bags and Tail bag.

Wolfman Summit Saddle Bags

4. Tank bag.

Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag

5. Power Ports (for phone and gps).

Battery Tender with USB port adapter

6. GPS

Planning on my phone with downloaded (offline) maps with paper maps as well.

7. Road/Toolkit (tools, tire patch, etc).

I got a full tool kit from another thread on this site. Still need to decide on a tire patch kit.

8. Camping Gear (Tent, pad)

I went with Redverz Atacama tent and the Exped LXW 12 mat.

9. Anything else ?

I am putting my camping gear in a Dry bag, clothes and bike gear in the saddlebags, and quick access items in the tank bag. I also went with the ridiculously large tent because my next trip has a week of destination involved where I will want to keep the bike away from prying eyes as well as the elements.
 
Back
Top