Need Honda part # for Type II handlebars!

Olyrider

Been there
Thread starter
I checked Samurider.com for the part number, but they aren't showing it. My local dealer says he can order them (no shipping!) if I can give him a part number.

Thanks!!
 
My local dealer in Oregon told me this too. For the lower oem seat and the type II handlebars, he even talked to the Honda rep. Unless things have changed the part numbers do not exist in the U.S. and therfore can't be ordered by them. I had someone purchase the seat from a local honda dealer in Australia and I purchased the bars from Samurider.

I hope this helps.
 
AllenM_imp said:
My local dealer in Oregon told me this too. For the lower oem seat and the type II handlebars, he even talked to the Honda rep. Unless things have changed the part numbers do not exist in the U.S. and therfore can't be ordered by them. I had someone purchase the seat from a local honda dealer in Australia and I purchased the bars from Samurider.

I hope this helps.
Same here. Our dealers have access to the accessories and parts Honda offers in the US only. They won't find the part number in their catalog.
 
Yeah, I tried the U-lock part number at my dealer and no dice. Had to order from Japan. If not in the US part number list, they can't get it.
 
When you get them, post up the part number for future reference. Thanks!
 
As I've posted elsewhere, the type 2 bar switch has been the single best mod I've done. Improves the riding triangle and provides great steering input. You'll love the bars!
 
Hi olyrider, I have a some of these bars with all the inside bar weights, rubbers and clips.
If you want them e mail me. They are new never installed them. Will not work with my windshield.
 
Thread starter
rusty1_imp said:
Hi olyrider, I have a some of these bars with all the inside bar weights, rubbers and clips.
If you want them e mail me. They are new never installed them. Will not work with my windshield.
Sent you an email, Rusty1.
 
just got mines today
4437f325d7cb6816b917df7bb9e3184e.jpg
 
Thank you for posting the part number. Good for future reference! Hope you like them.:thumbsup:

Edit to ask. Has anybody noticed that on partsfish, the handlebar part number is different for the '13 and '14 bikes. Anybody know why?

Ferret, I know you swapped the switch clusters on your bike, did you see any difference?
 
Thread starter
Interesting!

Even though the numbers are written in English, that part doesn't exist in the North America Honda parts inventory!
 
olyrider,

It was the same with the Honda U-Locks and cylinder inserts I got from Japan. They aren't in the US listing either.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thank you for posting the part number. Good for future reference! Hope you like them.:thumbsup:

Edit to ask. Has anybody noticed that on partsfish, the handlebar part number is different for the '13 and '14 bikes. Anybody know why?

Ferret, I know you swapped the switch clusters on your bike, did you see any difference?
Popgun 14 dlx bars are approx 1/2" higher and are drilled in different places for the 14 switches pins which are different than the 13 switches pins locations.
 
Thanks Ferret. I was thinking it might be a pin hole difference, but wasn't sure. Didn't know about the 1/2" thing though. Going to have to put that in my notes.
 
Oly,

I wondered that too, but what he wants is fine with me. AND, he has his bars now, so the point in moot I guess.
 
nhawk7504_imp said:
How about just going with Renthal Low?
Renthal bars will not accept the interior and bar end weights from the Honda bars. Without that pound of lead and rubber bushings there is a lot more handlebar vibration.

Chip
 
Back
Top