the Ferret
Road warrior
Good deal, service dept error. Who would have imagined? :hello:
Glad everything is right now. Have a fun safe trip.
Glad everything is right now. Have a fun safe trip.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Much depends on how the bike is ridden. I overfilled my bike by only 6 ounces, but spinning the darned thing into the redzone creates a lot of crankcase pressure. Easy riding would probably be more forgiving of an overfill.The ferret_imp said:Ii think it would take a lot of overfill for that to happen. The shop must have really messed up.
Every new CB1100 I have seen comes over filled from the factory with no air bubble in the site window. That has been reported here many, many times and was the case with both of my CB1100's, (so was my ST1300) and none of them pumped any oil out to the atmosphere (leaked). It's also why I only put 3 qts 28 oz in with an oil/filter change (then run it and check it and add if necessary) instead of the 4.1 the manual calls for. Mine has never taken the full gallon to register at the upper line. Others have I have been told.
will be interesting to see what the problem is here.
Just saying keep an eye on it. Was the entire countershaft cover and sprocket area thoroughly cleaned? If so and it was due to this, than no more "leaks" should be apparent.Riko_imp said:than what, go back and tell him, he is wrong?
it was def not oil he said
if its oil, how long would it take for the same spots to show up?
I see after a month the spots show up, one month....does this mean its liquid chaingrease after all?
or does oil take a month to show up?
I just wanted to remind the OP, what I'd remarked about this concern was:Riko_imp said:After one month I did see the same spots again.
Now I am waiting and its been about a month, dunno for sure, forgot, but nothing so far.
And I switched to Motul chain paste, comes with a brush, very handy and clean way to apply.
![]()
At that time I used S100 chain spray to lube the chain.
Its a spray, not the thick stuff like Motul.
Dealers theory was that's an area that gets really hot and there is indeed a lot of piled up chain grease or durt as you see on the picture.
I did always use a lot of the spray stuff...
So the hot metal causes it to melt...wich explains the grease trail, according to him.
Dunno...