Named my CB1100

Gee I would have thought "Red Mist" was a no- brainer

I have only named 1 bike. My ST 1300. I call it STArship for a couple reasons. 1 it will transport you across huge gaps of real estate comfortably at Warp Speed. Secondly it's all black. On a tour I went thru an intersection where they were painting stop bars and got tiny white specs of paint all over the bike, I mean everywhere, that I didn't see until I stopped that night. It now looks like a galaxy. Then I cut out and added an x- wing fighter from Start Wars and added it to the nose of the fairing. Looks like its flying thru a star filled night lol. It's also reflective so at night the X wing fighter glows when light hits it adding a measure of safety.

 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
I'm leaning towards BRUCE.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
I'm leaning towards BRUCE.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.
To save confusion we will call you .............

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-) Rule number 1 - No "not sure of the politically correct term here"
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
 
G'day Cormanus,

Bruce, we all know the rules. Bit non-PC for 2013 :angel:.

Back to topic:

My CB is named "Last Blast". And I fear it may well be so. :huh:


Cheers
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
I'm leaning towards BRUCE.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :) Sorry, I didn't see that...

Heh heh, yes, he worries me from time to time!

So you really are familiar with the Breck Elkins stories? That's something. I just laughed my head off at the story of how Breck caught Cap'n Kidd.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
I'm leaning towards BRUCE.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :) Sorry, I didn't see that...

Heh heh, yes, he worries me from time to time!

So you really are familiar with the Breck Elkins stories? That's something. I just laughed my head off at the story of how Breck caught Cap'n Kidd.
You recommended them here as a good laugh, so I got hold of a copy and have been reading them. Some are very, very funny. He's a great character, as is Cap'n Kidd.

They remind me of another American detective novel I read years ago. I can't remember the author's name or the title of the book, but it was the seemingly naive tale of a country policeman investigating a small-town murder. The writing style was reminiscent of Howard in that it sought to capture the tone of the protagonist. It was a lovely and clever book and I keep hoping I'll rediscover it.

But it doesn't have the laugh-out-loud slapstick qualities of Breckenridge Elkins, so thanks for telling us about him.
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
My kid named mine Hal 9000 because the red paint reminds him of Hal's "eye" in 2001 A.S.O.
Mate, that is kinda scary.

Cheers
Mate, that is kinda scary.

Cheers
Mine's called "the bike".
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
enzo_imp said:
I'm leaning towards BRUCE.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour.
:rofl:
WARNING: Enzo's post contains traces of Aussie humour. Congratulations Pterodactyl. You've done what many have previously tried but failed to do and claim the Monty Python phenomenon for Australia.

Perhaps you could now recite the first rule of the faculty! :-)
Red Mist_imp said:
I ain't never named a bike before, but this'n is just too dern good to pass up.

It's "Cap'n Kidd"
I'm slightly hurt. I asked you on another thread a couple a days ago whether Cap'n Kidd was the name of your bike.

Does it spend a fair bit of time trying to buck you off? :)
I see we have more than one graduate of the University of Woolloomooloo.

Howls of derisive laughter :D
 
Mine is called "Black Friday", as it is black painted and I got it on Thursday evening and did my first kilometers the next day. :D
 
Back
Top