Naked or skimpily clad ?

I like the naked look better. 65,000 kms (40,000 miles) for me without any sort of screen.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I like the look naked much better. If you want a screen- go for the early 80's nighthawk styled fairing I've seen a few people have.

My vote- go naked, and get rid of those dinky blinkers. The earlier larger units look much more authentic. :)
Dinky blinkers? Those are the stock blinkers
 
Naked for sure , your bike looks fantastic without the shield and being fully in the wind feels next to flying IMO

I wear an open face Captain America helmet with sunglasses :biker:
Sat will go for a group ride and will have a flip down shield and slightly lean forward after 80 but Naked is the way to go in Florida Year round.
 
Naked rules... when I was trying to decide on a good username, the first thing that came to mind was BestNaked. But after seeing it typed out I quickly changed it to BestStandard for obvious reasons!!!
 
And we thank you for that :D
 
Thread starter
MMC_imp said:
I tried the Dart Fly screen and the other, I forget the name of it. I don't like the buffeting from either one. I like the ride better without a screen. Wind flows around and over my helmet much better. Also, the bike looks MUCH better without!
I do have saddlebags that I just hate the look of but they serve a purpose. I do take them off if I don't need them.
da11d6148c076378463a071917cfed4c.png



Sent from me
PowerDubs_imp said:
I like the look naked much better. If you want a screen- go for the early 80's nighthawk styled fairing I've seen a few people have.

My vote- go naked, and get rid of those dinky blinkers. The earlier larger units look much more authentic. :)
I actually considered trying to pick up a set of the (slightly) larger 2013 blinkers from a forum member who removed theirs for really dinky lights, but not sure if it would be worth it. Maybe if I could get a set really cheap........... anybody?
 
Thread starter
when my brother and I are out riding, we get hit by some flying bugs so hard, that it sounds like a rock bouncing off your helmet or shield. BONK! We can actually hear the other being hit thru the intercoms. We call them flying rocks!
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Not sure where I read this, but I like it:

Favorite author? Rand McNalley
Favorite hobby? Collecting bugs
:thumbsup: AWESOME!
 
Thread starter
:rofl: oh lord that's funny
 
Quote:I actually considered trying to pick up a set of the (slightly) larger 2013 blinkers from a forum member who removed theirs for really dinky lights, but not sure if it would be worth it.

I love mine. The devil is in the details.

If you don't want to spend for new ones, just keep you eyes on eBay.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I don't like big windshields, but I like the sporty look of my Road Comet 1. I do, however, also like the look without it. I do feel it makes a difference on longer rides, which I enjoy.
 
The ferret_imp said:
when my brother and I are out riding, we get hit by some flying bugs so hard, that it sounds like a rock bouncing off your helmet or shield. BONK! We can actually hear the other being hit thru the intercoms. We call them flying rocks!
Last year I hit 3 birds, robins, in a 2 week period. All off the helmet going around 70. All on the same stretch of road within about 100 ft of each other. They'd just spook out of the bushes with no reaction time. That will rattle you.
 
Since it has been firmly established that Hondas in general are sorely lacking in character :s, does adding a shield give it just a little?

: )

Sorry, couldn't resist.
That was being facetious!
 
RLETs take care of everything.
 
I had the pleasure of riding in hail a couple of weeks ago. It hurt. I was thinking, "Darn, those are some big raindrops!" Made me miss the big touring screen I had on my GPZ1100. Still, I can't see putting much of a screen on the CB, it just looks too cool without it. I did get one of these, for $35 they are pretty hard to be. Best of all, it goes off and on in less than 5 mins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puig-Windscreen-...Dm&vxp=mtr
 
Faced same dilemma when I got back from my end of summer touring. Took of the big/nice barndoor touring screen and was going to put on my smaller screen but decided not too. OMG .... I fell back in love with the naked look. Ran naked for about 5 weeks, but then needed to go on a longer desert ride and I just didn't want all the darn buffeting, so put on the smaller screen which worked great. Problem is that I can get the naked look out of my head (this is sounding like biker porn now). Anyway, at least the screens are pretty quick to put on and take off :)
 
Thread starter
as close to biker porn as we are allowed on this forum anyway ;)
 
Back
Top