Naked or skimpily clad ?

You have the ST for long rides. I'd leave the screen off, but then again, you knew I'd say that.

28,000 naked miles on my CB1100 and no complaints....well, one complaint, but it was raining REALLY hard!
 
I had the dealer remove the screen and hand guards before I even got there so I didn't have to look at it in person with that monster screen, which tells you how I feel. I put a few highway miles on lately, one day wasn't so bad, one day was extra windy and had me thinking puig or dart...
 
You probably know this already, too, but I believe that one's helmet makes a big difference when riding naked. I am currently researching helmets to see which are likely to be the most comfortable (least amount of lift, best ventilation, quietest). It just seems to me that any decent helmet will be ok when the air is flowing smoothly over the top of it, but it gets trickier when the air is hitting your head square on your chin. Should be able to give an oral report on my findings poolside in Eureka Springs. :)
 
^ bigsheep lol

My DLX came with a huge clear Plexistar screen, engine guards, Kuryakyn highway pegs, bar risers, foam grips, plastic aftermarket mirrors, and a few other "farkles" that I found... ridiculous. All were promptly disposed of before I even turned the key.
 
Thread starter
you buy a new lid Sea? Just over a month away now.
 
Not yet...but I will have it before the Rally. I'll probably drop my $$ ($$$) on it sometime after 5/1. That's Cheryl's birthday and it would be bad form for me to spend $$ (or especially $$$) on something for myself before then.
 
Thread starter
LOL I need a new camera and riding boots. Our 43 rd anniv is coming up on May 11 so I told Di I would get her the camera and she could get me the boots for our anniv. That didn't fly. Luckily I have a BD the week after so it all may work out after all lol
 
I hear ya, but my birthday is in August and our anniversary is in September. I need a new camera and gloves, in addition to the helmet. And there's the "want" list: Leather jacket, 'Stich suit, another set of boots, Sena 20s Bluetooth....and so on.
 
I tried the Dart Fly screen and the other, I forget the name of it. I don't like the buffeting from either one. I like the ride better without a screen. Wind flows around and over my helmet much better. Also, the bike looks MUCH better without!
I do have saddlebags that I just hate the look of but they serve a purpose. I do take them off if I don't need them.
da11d6148c076378463a071917cfed4c.png



Sent from me
 
I only have experience with 2 helmets, the bell qualifier and the Shoei qwest. The qwest is well reviewed as a quiet helmet, and compared to the Bell Qualifier it is amazing. I was interested in the Arai that is specifically built for nakeds, but couldn't find it for less that $700. The Shoei I got on sale for $299. I'm happy with it, comfortable, not too heavy, very quiet.

My bike had engine guards and luggage and a k10 seat, all of which I kept. Still might take of the highway pegs though, don't find myself using them, might put them on for a real long haul someday though..
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I hear ya, but my birthday is in August and our anniversary is in September. I need a new camera and gloves, in addition to the helmet. And there's the "want" list: Leather jacket, 'Stich suit, another set of boots, Sena 20s Bluetooth....and so on.

I want Sena 20s comms too I think for me, her and my brother. Our Cardo Scala system is getting pretty old.
 
Ferret, there's no question that the bike looks better without the shield. The question is : Will you miss the comfort factor it provides?

In my neck of the woods, you've got to rack up a lot of highway miles to get to the fun roads. I'm willing to sacrifice looks for the wind protection. The big Plexi 2 I use in the winter also allows for cold weather rides without dressing like an Arctic explorer. The smaller Deflector I use in the summer is just enough to keep the wind off my chest without covering up the whole front end of the bike.
 
Thread starter
Flyn, as far as that goes fun roads start 7/10 of a mile from the end of my driveway, so in that respect, no issue at all with not having a shield. Sometimes I venture out on the CB though and that little shield does such an amazing job on trips. Luckily it's really easy to take on and off..a 10 minute job at most if you want to fiddle with perfect alignment. I also picked up a set of handguards from Bigsheep that should come in handy spring and fall, and they may even help balance out the look.
 
I like the look naked much better. If you want a screen- go for the early 80's nighthawk styled fairing I've seen a few people have.

My vote- go naked, and get rid of those dinky blinkers. The earlier larger units look much more authentic. :)
 
Back
Top