My windshield... shield

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Dorky thing I just came up with, but wanted to share in case anyone else might think it’s useful.

Both of my bikes have fly screens. When I’m at work I cover my bike. I don’t like the cover scratching my screen, and try to put a towel over the screen before I put the cover on, but invariably the towel will move around and ends up on the ground.

Last night I took a microfiber, folded it over and sewed up the sides. I can slip it over the screen and it shouldn’t move.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. As a side note, it’s tapered at the top so it is somewhat fitted and shouldn’t move around.

My wife was puzzled when I asked her for a needle and thread. About as much as I would be if she asked for a torque wrench...
 
A T-shirt would have worked, but I guess it's go with you got right now. Which reminds me, I went into a local Honda dealership, in an effort to support our local brick and mortar stores, to get a set of brake pads. They had no rear pads in stock and would have to order them. No rear pads in stock? One of the most common consumables on the bike, and they have none in stock? They could have them in two days, he said, but I would have to make another trip there. Decided to try another shop, one that's on my way home from work. I'll call first, though.
 
Back
Top