My taillight project update.

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I’ve been working on a custom taillight for my 2014 Standard and finally got something that is working for me. I just got a new phone and lost all my APPS including the Imgur app so as soon as I figure out the picture thing,again I’ll post up some pictures.
 
Thread starter
Buzzard Biker_imp said:
Cool.
Is that using the original rear fender?

Not sure if these will show up.
Posting the link is all I got for now. The housing is an NOS piece from an 81 750K,everything else was made. Samurider makes this type of brake light but it’s mounted high up on the fender to hide one of the mounts fir the stock light,doesn’t look right. The base is machinable ABS and the bracket is aluminum.
Forgot to add this isn’t finished,this is the first coat of primer and I still need to but together all of the fasteners but considering my first design failed I’m really liking the way this is shaping up. The idea here was to mount the light down low on the fender to help draw out the length of the bike,bikes lowered and this will help give the illusion its lower than it is.
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
 
Very interesting project. Wow, an old blue/yellow plate! How many bikes has that been on over the years?
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup?
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup? The only issues you will have is the dealer doesn’t have any info on a bike not sold in the U.S. market,I found that out when I put the spoke wheels on my bike. I everything it the rims,spokes,there’s and tubes came from Samurider in Japan,the RS was never sold here so you won’t be able to find anything out about parts,at some point I’d like to have an RS seat so that will have to come from Samurider as well. Send me your email and I can give you some info on how to get the parts. This taillight I’m putting together has 2 bulbs,I want them as bright as possible so I’ll look into options when the time comes.
 
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
FLYTYM_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum.
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Is that 3D printed?

Any pictures with this on the bike from a distance?
Hand made from a 6 inch by in inch piece of machinable ABS and the main bracket was a 6 inch by 1 inch piece of 6061 aluminum. No pictures of it on the bike yet.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup? The only issues you will have is the dealer doesn’t have any info on a bike not sold in the U.S. market,I found that out when I put the spoke wheels on my bike. I everything it the rims,spokes,there’s and tubes came from Samurider in Japan,the RS was never sold here so you won’t be able to find anything out about parts,at some point I’d like to have an RS seat so that will have to come from Samurider as well. Send me your email and I can give you some info on how to get the parts. This taillight I’m putting together has 2 bulbs,I want them as bright as possible so I’ll look into options when the time comes.
Looks solid :thumbsup: I have a similar idea for the FEK on my STD using the RS grab rail and deleting the stock chrome fender..

Where in the east bay are you? I'm in SF but work in Palo Alto I’m in Fremont,I’ve only seen 2 2014 Standards,one in Fremont in the area of Durham and one in Newark.
They're certainly on the rare side, I know another person that owns a '14 STD with a Yoshi pipe but thats it. Would be cool to link up sometime :beerchug:

What bulbs do you plan on using on your light setup? The only issues you will have is the dealer doesn’t have any info on a bike not sold in the U.S. market,I found that out when I put the spoke wheels on my bike. I everything it the rims,spokes,there’s and tubes came from Samurider in Japan,the RS was never sold here so you won’t be able to find anything out about parts,at some point I’d like to have an RS seat so that will have to come from Samurider as well. Send me your email and I can give you some info on how to get the parts. This taillight I’m putting together has 2 bulbs,I want them as bright as possible so I’ll look into options when the time comes.
Lol sh*t when it comes to stealerships, sometimes their parts dept. are clueless even for USDM bikes :rofl:

I was honestly surprised I was able to order an RS part(black grabrail) and have the order fulfilled within the same week. As it turns out, I was told I snagged the last one Honda had in inventory on this side of the pond, if it weren't for that it would've been back ordered from Japan and probably would've taken weeks for me to get it.

For my setup, I plan on fabbing up 2 brackets:
One for the rear frame mount & turn signals, then do away with the chrome fender and another one for the license plate, with an aluminum shield/liner of sorts to keep the dirt from splashing all over the place

Going to PM you- happy to bounce ideas, neighbor :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top