metallyguitarded_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

metallyguitarded_imp said:Thank you gentlemen. Install is complete. At first, I thought, "You have got to be kidding." Persistence pays off, however, and after I learned the proper technique on the first lever, the second RLET went on relatively easily. What technique is that, you ask? I believe each man must walk his own path on the journey towards CB salvation.
Okay, fine. Twist my arm, why don't you? I sprayed just a dab of WD-40 on the inside of the RLET, used a shop rag to grip the RLET, and with the opening rounded onto the end of the lever, I pushed straight onto the lever. No twisting. Just a straight push onto the lever. This put the RLET about half-way onto the ball end of the lever. One more push and slight twist and the RLET was installed. The first one took me a few minutes to figure out. The second one went on in about five seconds.

Once again, you're right. Don't you ever get tired of that? Must be exhausting.The ferret_imp said:metallyguitarded_imp said:Thank you gentlemen. Install is complete. At first, I thought, "You have got to be kidding." Persistence pays off, however, and after I learned the proper technique on the first lever, the second RLET went on relatively easily. What technique is that, you ask? I believe each man must walk his own path on the journey towards CB salvation.
Okay, fine. Twist my arm, why don't you? I sprayed just a dab of WD-40 on the inside of the RLET, used a shop rag to grip the RLET, and with the opening rounded onto the end of the lever, I pushed straight onto the lever. No twisting. Just a straight push onto the lever. This put the RLET about half-way onto the ball end of the lever. One more push and slight twist and the RLET was installed. The first one took me a few minutes to figure out. The second one went on in about five seconds.
go ahead and admit it , bike looks better now, doesn't it!![]()
Hm, until now I've thought, it's as simple as putting 'em into really hot water to get 'em weak and just push them over the lever?!metallyguitarded_imp said:Thank you gentlemen. Install is complete. At first, I thought, "You have got to be kidding." Persistence pays off, however, and after I learned the proper technique on the first lever, the second RLET went on relatively easily. What technique is that, you ask? I believe each man must walk his own path on the journey towards CB salvation.
Okay, fine. Twist my arm, why don't you? I sprayed just a dab of WD-40 on the inside of the RLET, used a shop rag to grip the RLET, and with the opening rounded onto the end of the lever, I pushed straight onto the lever. No twisting. Just a straight push onto the lever. This put the RLET about half-way onto the ball end of the lever. One more push and slight twist and the RLET was installed. The first one took me a few minutes to figure out. The second one went on in about five seconds.
Thanks for that.Lord Popgun_imp said:Django,
Heating them up does help--a lot. But you will need the lube to get them on.

