My new motorbike: An Enfield

Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
There's a showroom near me that sells RE bikes, and I will admit to feeling a strong pull to own one, though I don't think I ever will. For some reason i've never met a thumper that I like, once I ride it. i'm attracted to high numbers of cylinders, 4 or 6. Serious question: how does the RE perform compared to other ~500cc bikes? What's the reliability like long term?
I can fully understand your being drawn to a Bullet.
I was too very much attracted by these Enfields and resisted the temptation to buy one for some years but always read some information and articles about them.

When a dealer also became an Enfield dealer in my hometown, I get caught and bought a left over Euro 3 model from 2016 in the color I like most Maroon, which is rare in Germany and can't be bought new anymore as a Classic Chrome model.

The engine offers 27hp and 41nm. Well, not a lot, but enough for such an oldschool bike like the Bullet.
It shows you how it want to be ridden. Warm it up, don't rev it too low and don't push it too hard in the gears. It's not a fast motorbike but to me a very overwhelming, very nice and comfortable one to ride with low fuel consumption. Right now 3,5l/ 100km. Cruising speed is easily between 90 and 115km/h. It can reach 130 and some more km/h after a while if you want to. I think, it's not made for this speeds over longer time and as a speed to cover long distances. It will slow you a bit down, I like this feel, because the Bullet feels good anyway no matter at which speeds.

After nearly 4.000km I can't say anything about longtime reliability. The Enfield, mostly I do kickstarts , starts and runs well and hasn't shown any diseases or faults. I hope this will stay for many upcoming years the same. The only thing that didn't work good was the original noname indian o ring chain. It got stiff after 3.000km, I oiled it a lot during winter riding but it didn't help. So it was exchanged with a name product, a DID VX chain.

Wisedrum
 
I'm reading that the Interceptors MSRP is only 5500 (if you convert the indian rupee price). if anybody in the US has a RE dealer near them are they able to confirm that?
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Amazing to see artisans doing the pin stripping on the Royal Enfield fuel tanks.



That is awesome to watch being done. AMazing control.
 
Gee... and I thought these are done by a robot/machine.
Very good video and pleasure to watch this artist.
Wisedrum_imp said:
Bullet meets mops.

Wisedrum
Wisedrum,
How many bikes in your possession and how many of them you ride , all insured??
:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
I stick to the saying "All good things come in three."
They are an Enfield, a W800 and the CB. All insured and I ride each depending on in which mood I'm in.

One idea of mine was to have a motorbike of each motor concept like a 1 cylinder, a parallel twin etc. . But this will be too much of a good thing so I stopped after having bought the Bullet nearly half a year ago.

Wisedrum
 
That hand-held painting is insane. It makes me ask myself if over the years I have developed a
skill--any skill--to that level...I'm afraid of the answer!
 
Thread starter
I agree, it is a very pretty and good looking bike and very oldfashioned too. Probably a reason why I bought it, in a way I'm a target customer for these kind of bikes, which have become very rar these days especially as new ones.

And it is a great joy to drive around with it in very relaxed and easy way. It will take its time, time.you be lucky to spend on and with it. In Germany we have a fitting word for it 'Entschleunigung', which means something like to slow down, easin' up. Can be very good for your nerves and the driving license, your money etc. ....

My other 2 bikes can create a similar but different feel. And they can accelerate and run much faster if I want to,.which is not so often the case.



Wisedrum
 
pdedse_imp said:
That hand-held painting is insane. It makes me ask myself if over the years I have developed a
skill--any skill--to that level...I'm afraid of the answer!
Geeze, and I can hardly draw a straight line with a ruler. Pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Nic pic! What is that thing on the downtube next to the exhaust pipe?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Nic pic! What is that thing on the downtube next to the exhaust pipe?
What do you exactly mean by next to the pipes and downtube? The Bullet has a Lambda sensor, it's placed near the head. Then there is heatshield on the exhaust pipe and a metallic bow mounted near the kicker on it.

Wisedrum
 
Ahh, that explains it. I thought it might be a sensor, but couldn’t really tell. Thanks.

In the pic, it looks to be tiewrapped to the frame downtube.
 
Back
Top