My new motorbike: An Enfield

Three of a kind, in my view. Lovely.
 
Thread starter
Today on the road the Enfield met a real 40 years old oldie. It's owner also has 2 smaller sisters of him, the GT250 and 380. I like all 3.



Annual play of colors in May.



Wisedrum
 
That was the Triton, Wisedrum? A great bike.
 
Thread starter
No, don't think so.
Its name is Suzuki GT500 with a 2 stroke engine.
This bike has run over 114.000km with a motor revision at 85.000km. It's only in the same hands ever since it was first bought.

Wisedrum
 
The Triton was a 2-stroke 500 cc Suzuki. As I recall forum member Tezza owns one. But maybe it preceded the GT500. In any event that Suzuki 500cc 2-stroke motor was a beauty.
 
Welcome wisedrum. If you're not aware of it there is a very good forum for the Bullet. Classicmotorworks.com. Spent 3&1/2 years in Germany with the USAF,a beautiful country. Enjoy your Bullet!
 
Thread starter
Yes I do.

I'm in the german forum for Enfields but will check out your tip.

I also enjoy the CB and the W800. Variations is the key altough one motorbike is more than enough. Mostly....

Wisedrum
 
I also own an Enfield, along with my CB. A completely different riding experience and I smile every time I get on it and hear the thump-thump of the single cylinder. The RE gets used for local commuting and the CB is my "cruiser" currently.
3dc6bbbafb6e7a24522f95349768b180.jpg
 
Thread starter
Fully understand your riding these two bikes.
It's very easy for me...

The Enfield is a little bit the opposite of the CB, reduced to the very essential of motorbiking the way it has started and in a way the Bullet stays with it slighty modernized til today.

Each motorbike has a charme if its own and wether you get it or you don't. I'm in the Enfield mood now and in the mood for my other 2 bikes since years. The Bullet has something very heartcatching while you look at her, drive her or even think of her. I love being motorbike emotional.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
A sunny Pentecost monday, time to ride out to a lovely place at the sea and take a sunbath while the Bullet relaxes in the shadow of trees.



Wisedrum
 
very interesting photo Wisedrum
 
There's a showroom near me that sells RE bikes, and I will admit to feeling a strong pull to own one, though I don't think I ever will. For some reason i've never met a thumper that I like, once I ride it. i'm attracted to high numbers of cylinders, 4 or 6. Serious question: how does the RE perform compared to other ~500cc bikes? What's the reliability like long term?
 
Back
Top