My "dream" CB

As would I. Would probably need to be liquid cooled to narrow the engine and more easily meet emission standards. In line sixes sound so beautiful at full chat, the CBX especially.
 
Call me a heretic. I can live happily with liquid cooled bikes if necessary. I think I'd probably have lusted after a CB1100 with a radiator if it had to be that way.

A remake of the CBX, even water-cooled, would be fine with me.
 
I kick my self for not buying one. I looked at a white one when living in Great Falls Montana but base commander refused to let us missile launch officers have motorcycles after one dink had an accident, had a concussion and was removed from crew duty forever. I will never forget that white Pearl flake paint. So many bikes I want to own, so little time and space.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
The few people I knew that bought a CBX new in 79 and 80 experienced a form of "frame jacking" (bending) under hard acceleration. It was found that the main frame backbone was a bit too thin, weak, and their first mod was to have a rather long, flat and narrow steel plate welded to the underside of the main backbone frame to add rigidity.

Otherwise, the "reports" I got from the few owners I knew were that the bike was flawless...
 
that is one fantastic looking motorcycle. the fairing and bags are spot on. That bike could be relaunched as is without changing a single thing (except the engine modernization ...fi, abs, etc).
thanks for posting QG. i didn't know that video existed- great to watch.
the cbx is one awesome machine- still to this day.
 
Wouldn't want that starting up next to my house every morning..
 
Mmmm...one of my all-time favorite bikes. Pure sex.
...although I prefer the "nekkid" version, myself. (And please don't read anything into that statement. :D )
 
I lusted after the pearl white '82 version. sigh. But today, make it EFI. No carbs please.
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Multiple throttle bodies is a PITA like multiple carbs.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Have you had any problems, or need to "recalibrate" the ones on your CBs?

I'm wondering if they're not mainly software controlled and regulated.
 
As far as I know they are factory set to proper sync and I have not heard of anyone having problems with their CB's. That being said, multiple carbs and TB's do go out of sync on occasion and that often requires special tools to get them back to spec. Moto Guzzi uses a single TB on their small V twins and auto makers for the most part do the same. I really don't see why most multi cylinder bike motors continue with more than one TB. Seems it would save build costs and potential maintenance headaches by going to a single TB.
 
Back
Top