My CB's new little buddy

alprider_imp said:
HondaJon_imp said:
What is inside that giant plastic box beneath the fuel tank?

The air cleaner? Fuel injection system?

Still waiting to see one at my local dealer.






and airfilter






Cormanus_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
with lot homesickness and backwind (or cute littel light girlie on it)










and airfilter






Cormanus_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
with lot homesickness and backwind (or cute littel light girlie on it)





Thanks for the links. Looks better without that giant piece of black plastic under the tank.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Doc, congrats! My red '19 ABS arrived in Dec '18. I don't think the dealers had much influence on which bikes they received. Cute little buggars!

08a6d59c2dcc15c981975a913b5a9ba3.jpg
.
well

.
 
Cool red & yellow twins!
 
I was selling my Aprilia Shiver750. Got a text from a guy wants to trade straight across for a Honda Grom. I was going to give the Grom to my 3 Grandsons, age 11, 8, and 3, but the deal fell through.
 
Would that have been a fair trade? You can buy Groms around here for a bit over $2000, all day long. Wouldn't your Aprilia be worth more than that?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
I would be interested if the Monkey simply starts and stays running during your -50C winters. That would be very interesting. Opens up options, at least for less severe service maybe in the -5 to -15C range.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
 
The ferret_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator :) ).
 
The ferret_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Yeah, it's definitely an exercise in delayed gratification. That first ride of the season almost makes the wait worth it though. Pure Bliss.
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator :) ).
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator :) ).
Honestly it's not the cold or even all the snow that concerns me. It's the ice. After the first few snowfalls it becomes a challenge to even walk anywhere, much less be on two wheels.

Also, I'm afraid that all the salt MNDOT puts on the roads would eat the Monkey alive. Having said that, I just may give it a try.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Yeah, it's definitely an exercise in delayed gratification. That first ride of the season almost makes the wait worth it though. Pure Bliss.
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Barkingshins_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Me THREE!
9f402209d6a8858509a58c52f6bafcd4.jpg
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Quite awesome Barkings'.

Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator :) ).
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious riding
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator :) ).
Honestly it's not the cold or even all the snow that concerns me. It's the ice. After the first few snowfalls it becomes a challenge to even walk anywhere, much less be on two wheels.

Also, I'm afraid that all the salt MNDOT puts on the roads would eat the Monkey alive. Having said that, I just may give it a try.
Oh, I wouldn't ride if the conditions weren't favourable, for sure. But starting it and circulating the oil if you have not in a few months might be an opportunity. I'd be curious if it puts up a fuss, or like the CB at -25C, it just starts and warms up without complaint.

- - -

Okay, found this:


The only English is the backtrack, which is pretty soulless. Not quite what I was looking for, but it showcases an extreme use in, I suppose, Finland. Personally, I would consider a short ski plank on each foot? Is this the 50 cc Monkey?

- - -

This is some more fun ...

 
My simian sat all winter, about five months, in an unheated garage with nothing more than a bit of Stabil in the fuel and a Battery Tender Jr. connected to it. Come the middle of May, it started immediately with the first jab of the starter button. Probably no need to overthink this.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
My simian sat all winter, about five months, in an unheated garage with nothing more than a bit of Stabil in the fuel and a Battery Tender Jr. connected to it. Come the middle of May, it started immediately with the first jab of the starter button. Probably no need to overthink this.
Do you think it would start reliably at -25C in the bowels of winter? (not in May)
 
Back
Top