GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Man, that is better than an electric [mobile] chair.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
alprider_imp said:HondaJon_imp said:What is inside that giant plastic box beneath the fuel tank?
The air cleaner? Fuel injection system?
Still waiting to see one at my local dealer.
and airfilter
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in.Cormanus_imp said:And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in.LongRanger_imp said:Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.![]()
![]()
with lot homesickness and backwind (or cute littel light girlie on it)
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in.Cormanus_imp said:And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in.LongRanger_imp said:Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.![]()
.LongRanger_imp said:Doc, congrats! My red '19 ABS arrived in Dec '18. I don't think the dealers had much influence on which bikes they received. Cute little buggars!
![]()
Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
Awesome BarkingshinsQuite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
I would be interested if the Monkey simply starts and stays running during your -50C winters. That would be very interesting. Opens up options, at least for less severe service maybe in the -5 to -15C range.Barkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingThe ferret_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
).9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingThe ferret_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingGoldOxide_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingThe ferret_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator).
). Oh, I wouldn't ride if the conditions weren't favourable, for sure. But starting it and circulating the oil if you have not in a few months might be an opportunity. I'd be curious if it puts up a fuss, or like the CB at -25C, it just starts and warms up without complaint.Barkingshins_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingThe ferret_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
Yeah, it's definitely an exercise in delayed gratification. That first ride of the season almost makes the wait worth it though. Pure Bliss.
9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingGoldOxide_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingThe ferret_imp said:9 months of anticipation and 90 days of furious ridingBarkingshins_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.GoldOxide_imp said:Quite awesome Barkings'.Barkingshins_imp said:Me THREE!jedd_imp said:Dang....we now have TWO owners w/ CB1100's + Color matched Groms!
You guys have CLASS!!!!
OK, who's next ?
![]()
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Any plan to trial the Monkey's performance during the deep bowels of winter?
Doubtful. Both bikes will likely spend the winter doing what I'd like to be doing... hibernating. Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sync my life with the riding season here in MN.
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator).
Okay, maybe -50C is too extreme. -40 to -20C might be a more practical extreme. If you are starting up at -50C, it is either a snowblower or a snowmobile (or a gas power generator).
Honestly it's not the cold or even all the snow that concerns me. It's the ice. After the first few snowfalls it becomes a challenge to even walk anywhere, much less be on two wheels.
Also, I'm afraid that all the salt MNDOT puts on the roads would eat the Monkey alive. Having said that, I just may give it a try.
Do you think it would start reliably at -25C in the bowels of winter? (not in May)LongRanger_imp said:My simian sat all winter, about five months, in an unheated garage with nothing more than a bit of Stabil in the fuel and a Battery Tender Jr. connected to it. Come the middle of May, it started immediately with the first jab of the starter button. Probably no need to overthink this.