My CB's new little buddy

Doc1961_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Well, the Monkey finally arrived the first week of April. Don't know why it took so long for the dealer to get a yellow one but its finally here. Just the cutest thing. Does bring a smile to my face. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a sickness. There just something about this style of Honda that gets me. Could be because my first bike was a CT70K4. Might add a red '19 and that blue '20 model is looking good also.:excited:
 
Cool. Long Ranger has one as well. Ole opted for the Super Cub variety.
 
Doc, congrats! My red '19 ABS arrived in Dec '18. I don't think the dealers had much influence on which bikes they received. Cute little buggars!

08a6d59c2dcc15c981975a913b5a9ba3.jpg
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Doc, congrats! My red '19 ABS arrived in Dec '18. I don't think the dealers had much influence on which bikes they received. Cute little buggars!

08a6d59c2dcc15c981975a913b5a9ba3.jpg
LR, these two look like father & son =:thumbsup:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Doc, congrats! My red '19 ABS arrived in Dec '18. I don't think the dealers had much influence on which bikes they received. Cute little buggars!

08a6d59c2dcc15c981975a913b5a9ba3.jpg
How fast will those things go?
 
Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
 
What is inside that giant plastic box beneath the fuel tank?

The air cleaner? Fuel injection system?

Still waiting to see one at my local dealer.
 
I have been considering adding a Monkey to the family for some time now. It would be nice to have a short hop bike to just get out and take a short ride on a moments notice. Then too, something small like the Monkey might just extend my being able to enjoy riding for several more years, when I get to the point that a full size bike would not be a good idea anymore.

With all that in mind, I also discovered a custom parts supplier, Kitaco, that has some things that I personally would want to add, if I were to pull the trigger and buy a Monkey. Kitaco is in Thailand. I reached out to Mr. T. about Kitaco, and he said he could get their parts. Meanwhile I also discovered that a search on Ebay, "Honda Monkey" will pull up a plethora of Kitaco parts. Among others, I like Kitacos front fender lowering ( to normal position ) kit, and the rubber rear fender extension elimination kit. Moriwaki is also making some custom parts in addition to exhausts.

I have posted a link to a Youtube video walk around of a Monkey with all kinds of Kitaco parts installed, and a link to an EBay listing for a Kitaco front fender lowering kit as examples.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Z125...302974?hash=item2605659e3e:g:GY8AAOSwT-BbuMzx
 
HondaJon_imp said:
What is inside that giant plastic box beneath the fuel tank?

The air cleaner? Fuel injection system?

Still waiting to see one at my local dealer.






and airfilter






Cormanus_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Mine can achieve maybe 50 mph on flat roads. I did see an indicated 58 mph once on a downhill stretch and that was plenty fast on those little wheels. I don't need to repeat that.
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
And the Monkey will do 112 mph before the speed limiter kicks in. :D
with lot homesickness and backwind (or cute littel light girlie on it)




 
Thread starter
I think everybody should have one. Just looking at it will put you in a good mood. Its amazing the size it is also. And comfortable to sit on. For 2020 they have a blue and white version. Saw it on HondaProKevin. Really like it.
 
Doc1961_imp said:
I think everybody should have one. Just looking at it will put you in a good mood. Its amazing the size it is also. And comfortable to sit on. For 2020 they have a blue and white version. Saw it on HondaProKevin. Really like it.
This one..? :)
 
Something is off on that last one. Wait, got it - it's missing enough seat space for Jack Nicholson to ride on the back.
 
Back
Top