My baby cb1100dlx with gt1000 spokes wheel

:hello: Howdy Quang and welcome to the forum. I assume you mean Ducati GT 1000 spokes since the Yamaha GT1000 had mags. I imagine either would be hard to find used. Was the installation difficult? Require machining of axles or spacers etc?
 
Thread starter
Yeah exactly! That's the Ducati GT1000. It wasn't easy to find. And lots of works to fit them on... It took me 2 months

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
do they not have EX's in Vietnam or did you just want different (wider) wheels and sport rubber?
 
Thread starter
There are plenty of ex and dlx but you are right. I want a wider wheel with 17" diameter. The 18" stock rubber is quite hard to find and not much choices of style. The sport rubber you see in the picture are just for testing for fitting on the bike. When the mechanical work is finished I will use Michelin Pilot 4

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
wow awsome!!! congratulations!

that fat rear tire look great on the cb!

you did not have to change a lot?
I see the part that carriers the rear brake is different.
But even the swingarm looks stock?

Looking forward to seeing pics of the completed bike ;)
 
Thread starter
Thanks mates! It actually was a hard work. Looks better for the bike and the stock swingarm fits well. My mechanic had to redesign the spacers and caliper holders. The hardest part was fitting the ABS disc on because it needs total accuracy. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the modification made. Will post the pics soon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
3525337ffbef675e6c05aea9b54816c9.jpg


84b1f6e8db0b227b895f7640b3c54d5d.jpg


e27f0081eab2605e6336ae84d940ec59.jpg


b973b7963cf0bb687cd404ce7812e840.jpg


09f2eb4781ebec913df9a6d1a28564a1.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Frulk_imp said:
Are those tubeless?
No it's not. But I'll use the tubeless kit for them soon!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Tell us about the hard luggage.
Yes actually the side cases are Giving E22N, simple, efficient, cheap and easy to install. They have a pair of turning signals at the rear side.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
QuangCB - Hey, how did you mount those Givi 22N Bags? I have those same bags I took off of my CB750 Nighthawk. I would be interested in what mount or mounting kit you used, Givi doesn't have one in the U.S. (that I could find).

(and....mine don't have the 'built-in' turn signals....NICE)
 
Thread starter
BayAreaRick_imp said:
QuangCB - Hey, how did you mount those Givi 22N Bags? I have those same bags I took off of my CB750 Nighthawk. I would be interested in what mount or mounting kit you used, Givi doesn't have one in the U.S. (that I could find).

(and....mine don't have the 'built-in' turn signals....NICE)
Hi! I use the same kit that comes with the hard cases. It's not hard to install. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
c31ca2e4980f187ec825b32e350ec3e1.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
That is absolutely amazing!
Though I have to say that I'd be hard pressed to cover up all that wire-spoke-glittery-goodness with luggage racks and hard cases! :D
 
QuangCB,
Great work!
Having looked into alternate wheel sets for the CB I know that your modification took quite a lot of thought and effort. With the 17" wheel diameter you have a lot of tyre options ... and already you've fitted a seriously wide rear tyre and the front looks like a 120. How does the bike feel rolling on this wide rubber? What difference did you notice from the stock tyre widths? If this is typical of your level of effort I'm really looking forward to seeing your next modification.
All the best.
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
QuangCB,
Great work!
Having looked into alternate wheel sets for the CB I know that your modification took quite a lot of thought and effort. With the 17" wheel diameter you have a lot of tyre options ... and already you've fitted a seriously wide rear tyre and the front looks like a 120. How does the bike feel rolling on this wide rubber? What difference did you notice from the stock tyre widths? If this is typical of your level of effort I'm really looking forward to seeing your next modification.
All the best.
Absolutely it was a really hard work but worth to try. It does improve the cornering ability a lot! I just came back from a 3000 miles trip from North to South of Vietnam and here are the pictures...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
6b403504d94d5e285d6e7dafe9f2eb33.jpg


bdfa654d821c4d885032ca969677fe41.jpg


6539a7aa520945e8f152e4fe40a3b75d.jpg


b6ff362ebb236299734e20f7798a4ee9.jpg


783aeca022c651adb5a53d9d57583fd3.jpg


dcb954a50fd3212354cbf2ff95bdc772.jpg


80baae2be3f98cf0854b762e34184e0a.jpg


d4f5ed96bfed5f8b72dfd3f0fab1e2de.jpg


Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top