Ack-CB11_imp
Road warrior
Me tooLord Popgun_imp said:Guth,
Are you saying you can get the bike to stop, from say 35 or 45 mph without using the front brake? Cause I can't. Heck it won't stop it going 10 or 20, although I am going to test it some.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Me tooLord Popgun_imp said:Guth,
Are you saying you can get the bike to stop, from say 35 or 45 mph without using the front brake? Cause I can't. Heck it won't stop it going 10 or 20, although I am going to test it some.
Yes, that's correct. However, due to the laws of physics, it's going to take much longer than using the front brakes. I typically use a little bit of my rear brake in conjunction with my fronts. Sometimes I'll use just the rear brake to scrub off a little speed here and there. But until this topic came up, I don't think I had ever tried stopping with the rear brake only.Lord Popgun_imp said:Guth,
Are you saying you can get the bike to stop, from say 35 or 45 mph without using the front brake? Cause I can't. Heck it won't stop it going 10 or 20, although I am going to test it some.
Yikes. Hope you get it figured out sooner rather than later.The ferret_imp said:Shoot, I wish. I can press mine hard and not slow down for 2 blocks. might work on that some today.
Mickey,The ferret_imp said:Well yesterday my brother and I pulled my pads, took a mill bastard file to them, then some heavy duty sand paper in a figure 8 pattern, blew them off and reinstalled. While the pads were out, I also scotch padded both sides of the disc again. Then I took a ride and did the 45 to 15 mph rear brake only thing about 5 times. Result : It's a little better, but certainly not what I'd expect.
I may stop at the dealership and let one of their techs take it for a ride and see what he thinks.

That's your whole problem. Should have used a pedigreed file. They are hard to find, though.The ferret_imp said:Well yesterday my brother and I pulled my pads, took a mill bastard file to them, then some heavy duty sand paper in a figure 8 pattern, blew them off and reinstalled. While the pads were out, I also scotch padded both sides of the disc again. Then I took a ride and did the 45 to 15 mph rear brake only thing about 5 times. Result : It's a little better, but certainly not what I'd expect.
I may stop at the dealership and let one of their techs take it for a ride and see what he thinks.