MSN feed

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Look at the feed that popped up on my google news page

MSN
 
Thread starter
rider going in direction of video crossed centerline ran into a line of bikes coming the other way. This was on the Dragon Sept 24th I believe.

The rally was just there and we rode that road several times.

Same thing almost happened to my brother down there last year when a Harley coming towards us couldn't negotiate the turn and came 2/3 of the way into the lane in front of my brother. He saw it coming, swerved far right, and avoided being hit head on.
 
Aww man...

This is why I don't do group rides (or cars) like I did in my youth.

Mr green mohawk hat's friend in front of him blew into the other lane and wiped out Mr cut the sleeves off his t-shirt's bike- so he landed on his bare arm and flying other debris.

Both of them should have made better choices. Unfortunately t-shirt guy probably is worse off than whoever blew the yellow and hit him.

Although disturbing- he should be happy it is on video for the assuredly oncoming lawsuit and medical bills.
 
The ferret_imp said:
rider going in direction of video crossed centerline ran into a line of bikes coming the other way. This was on the Dragon Sept 24th I believe.

The rally was just there and we rode that road several times.

Same thing almost happened to my brother down there last year when a Harley coming towards us couldn't negotiate the turn and came 2/3 of the way into the lane in front of my brother. He saw it coming, swerved far right, and avoided being hit head on.
Must be my eyes...I watched that 5 or 6 times before I finally spotted the rider out in front that caused everything.


Glad your brother was able to avoid an accident!
 
The ferret_imp said:
rider going in direction of video crossed centerline ran into a line of bikes coming the other way. This was on the Dragon Sept 24th I believe.

The rally was just there and we rode that road several times.

Same thing almost happened to my brother down there last year when a Harley coming towards us couldn't negotiate the turn and came 2/3 of the way into the lane in front of my brother. He saw it coming, swerved far right, and avoided being hit head on.
Had the same situation when I rode up the Dragon. Seems to happen quite often there.
 
It’s surely an increased risk on any desirable riding/driving road?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It’s surely an increased risk on any desirable riding/driving road?
For sure. That's the reason why they close some roads here in Germany for the weekend for motorcycles.
 
3rd_Gear_Steve and I witnessed a near miss on the Rattler during the rally. We had gotten stuck behind a Harley with a rather generously sized 2up situation going on. Of course I was looking for an opportunity to pass but before we could while in a right hand curve a pickup truck driven by an old farmer came from the opposite direction at the very least half way into our lane. Both the pickup and the Harley swerved but how they missed each other I'll never know. If we had passed that Harley and encountered that pickup who knows what the outcome would have been except for it would have been a good bit further down the road. :P
 
Back
Top