MPC 1969 Honda CB750

Speaking of model building...

I took this photo a few years ago at The One Show here in Portland. There were a lot of impressive machines on display at the show. In my mind, nothing could compare to this built-from-scratch, hand-machined 1/2 scale Honda RC166. It was by far the most impressive thing that I saw there. Simply amazing.

More information can be found here.

 
Thread starter
Well I have started building the bike and I believe this is my first motorcycle kit since either the Kawasaki MachIII or the Then Came Bronson HD I built when I was like 14. I believe the technology on this kit is the same as it was in the early 70's. It is a little tough to build but I think I can make it in to a nice finished model. I will post a few pictures here as I progress along.
Here is one picture
One more
Btw the container behind the bike engine are Lego parts for a VW that I am building with my seven year old grandson. Lot's of fun
 
You had to lace the rims? Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
 
Thread starter
Well the bike has a ton of chrome (too much) and I sprayed the rim spokes to make the wheels look more real and less plasticy model car like. I used a dullcoat. I didn't have to lace the rims though. That would be beyond my ability......
 
Back
Top