MPC 1969 Honda CB750

drodg33

Been there
Thread starter
I love building plastic and resin model cars and over the years have stayed with the hobby. MPC is releasing for the first time in many years a 1/8 scale plastic 1969 Honda CB750. I remember as a kid building the Kawasaki 500 Mach II and the Then came Bronson Sportster. This gives us model builders a reasonable priced kit and I think I might pick up one and build it. I think the price is just under $40.00.
 
I never built motorcycle models, but sure built a fair amount of Corvettes, Mustangs, and 'Cuda's, back in the day. And MPC sounds familiar too. Glad the hobby is still going strong. But $40.00 now for a model kit? Is that right? Wow...
 
Well, it was fighter planes and fire trucks for me. It's probably been 30+ years since I did any. Life got in the way and it seems I have free time in 20 minute blocks here and there, not a few hours at a time. It was very relaxing but at the same time could make you nervous trying not to screw up a tiny part or getting the paint perfect. I still have a few packed away waiting for me to start them. A couple of them I know are discontinued and worth a few $$ today.
 
Thread starter
Well I think it is 1/8 size. I ordered one yesterday and if interested I will post some unbuilt shots of it. I am going to try to build it this winter with a couple grandsons helping.
 
Mine came in a few days ago and I'm currently gathering supplies to build it. Probably going to start sometime tomorrow. :)
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Ordered one, but that ¼ scale one for $1500 is amazing


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
That is amazing but wow. I think my wife would have my head if I bought that one!
 
I cannot fathom a ¼ scale CB750 model! Probably close to a 125 or 50cc actual motorcycle. LOL


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
This thread got me thinking so I looked around for models of Interceptors. Came close, but nothing exact. I ended up buying a few different models of similar 80s Hondas from a guy selling his vintage collection of unmade models on EBay. I hope to recreate my 1985 Interceptor over the winter, weather permitting.
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
This thread got me thinking so I looked around for models of Interceptors. Came close, but nothing exact. I ended up buying a few different models of similar 80s Hondas from a guy selling his vintage collection of unmade models on EBay. I hope to recreate my 1985 Interceptor over the winter, weather permitting.
That it cool and keep us posted this winter on how it goes.
 
Back
Top