Moving on GW

Jfro5687_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Morning all, opportunity knocked and (with a heavy heart) I have decided to go all in to get a new Goldwing Bagger. I have sold my CB’s in order to (mostly) fund it. The CB is a wonderful bike and there is no negative reason behind this, it’s a case of ‘only here once’ and I want to strike it from my bucket list while I can. So serious case of sellers remorse as I type this but hopefully it will pass. I mention this because I have recommended the forum to the new owner and it’s possible he may pop up on here.
 
^^+1^^ , Jf5687, you are moving from one wonderful bike to another and stil with Honda family...enjoy it and safe riding!
 
Jf5687: Congratulations on your journey evolution.

However, you gotta share the "before" and "after" transition. Show the beast!
 
Jfro5687, congratulations. Don’t be a stranger here. We like people who like bikes.
 
Congrats Jfro, you're simply going from one great motorcycle to another great one. I still miss my CB1100, especially when I see the it around town ridden by the new owner but I made the right decision in selling it and I'm sure your decision will be the right one for you.
 
GW's are awesome motorcycles. Congrats. I hope yours takes you where you want to go!
 
One of my best friends recently bought a 2020 GW. Very capable bike and hVe has nothing but praise for it. Just rode it from Utah to Oklahoma and back over the past 10 days or so. Ideal for those long jaunts. Seating positions is very similar to CB in my opinion.
 
Congrats Jfro! But as it's been said many times before...Post pics or it didn't happen.

And Lord Popgun is right as usual, the GL1800Riders forum is very good.
 
Thinking of selling my '13 and some other stuff to get a Goldwing. Still stroking my chin on the thought.

From what I've been hearing about the newer Goldwing you are going to have one heck of a grin to deal with. :D
 
Thread starter
Morning chaps and thank you for the warm words about this purchase. I would still like to keep one eye on this forum and contribute because I think it’s terrific. Anyway, pics below. Had a couple of rides out so far. She’s a big girl, but as they always say once moving it’s easy, and it is. Never ridden a big horse (or any horse to be totally accurate) but I imagine it feels similar in that the bike feels powerful underneath you but not necessarily fast (in motorbike terms fast). Plenty quick enough for me anyway and one of my first riding impressions was that the CB and this do have a lot in common. Smooth, quiet, nice gearbox, decent brakes. Hope you like it.
 
Fantastic bit of kit Jfro5687. I love the colour although it has an odd name "pearl deep mud grey" as Honda call it. It does really suit the bike with the dark engine and exhaust. I do like the look of this version without the top box, it looks sleeker and a bit more modern. Enjoy.
 
What's the best oil for those? :P
 
Nice colour; but Honda dropped the ball on the name of it (unless it's a poor translation).

MissidenFlyer on YouTube just got one for review (DCT version) and he loves it (but already owns a GW so a wee bit of bias.... :D ).
 
Rboe_imp said:
Nice colour; but Honda dropped the ball on the name of it (unless it's a poor translation).

MissidenFlyer on YouTube just got one for review (DCT version) and he loves it (but already owns a GW so a wee bit of bias.... :D ).
:rofl:

"pearl deep mud grey"

Hmm, alternatives for "mud":

mire
sludge
slush
ooze <-- maybe, eh?
silt
clap
gumbo
dirt
soil
slob <-- ¯\ಠಠ_/¯
 
Back
Top